Surtain vs Woodson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain vs Woodson

zuper_man

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we ever had discussions with Houston about Surtain? They gave up a 2nd and 3rd and the Dolphins have been asking for a 2nd only. They probably could have gotten Surtain for less. Other than being about 1-2 years younger, I see no reason why Woodson is a better corner than Surtain.

zuper_man said:
Does anyone know if we ever had discussions with Houston about Surtain? They gave up a 2nd and 3rd and the Dolphins have been asking for a 2nd only. They probably could have gotten Surtain for less. Other than being about 1-2 years younger, I see no reason why Woodson is a better corner than Surtain.

Woodson?

Buchanon is a little more than 4 years younger than Surtain and the Texans wanted to set themselves up for the future at CB.

Jaj said:
Woodson?

Buchanon is a little more than 4 years younger than Surtain and the Texans wanted to set themselves up for the future at CB.

OOPS...nevermind.

Woodson... hrmm. Overrated. Overpaid. Before you know it, will be over the hill.
Maybe, I'm being a little harsh. I know he's the highest paid CB of all time, but is he also the highest paid in the NFL? Or is he just behind Vick? (I'm pretty sure he's close if not over Manning). I don't want to be a homer and say Surtain is better, I have to give Woodson some credit... He's still one of the best corners in the league. But I would think a lot more teams would want Surtain than Woodson because he'll come cheaper (even if he gets what he wants compared to Woodson, anything is cheaper), he doesn't have an attitude problem or off field issues like Woodson, and he's also one of the best CB's in the league in my opinion.

EDIT: Word of Advice... don't get me started on Charles Woodson :D

As for Buchanon. Boy I'm tired after going off on Woodson. Yeah, I didn't get that either when Houston was interested in Buchanon. I guess a couple more years youth and probably a couple million less goes a long way. The reason why we're not getting the value for Surtain that we should be is because everyone knows we HAVE to get rid of him unless we're in a very very bad situation financially. So teams figure offer lower offers, and we'll just have no choice but to give in to the best low offer. That's just my opinion of course, and I hope it's not the case.

Raiders are getting all these picks and were not getting diddly squat what the hell

painnotpleasure said:
Woodson... hrmm. Overrated. Overpaid. Before you know it, will be over the hill.
Maybe, I'm being a little harsh. I know he's the highest paid CB of all time, but is he also the highest paid in the NFL? Or is he just behind Vick? (I'm pretty sure he's close if not over Manning). I don't want to be a homer and say Surtain is better, I have to give Woodson some credit... He's still one of the best corners in the league. But I would think a lot more teams would want Surtain than Woodson because he'll come cheaper (even if he gets what he wants compared to Woodson, anything is cheaper), he doesn't have an attitude problem or off field issues like Woodson, and he's also one of the best CB's in the league in my opinion.

EDIT: Word of Advice... don't get me started on Charles Woodson :D

As for Buchanon. Boy I'm tired after going off on Woodson. Yeah, I didn't get that either when Houston was interested in Buchanon. I guess a couple more years youth and probably a couple million less goes a long way. The reason why we're not getting the value for Surtain that we should be is because everyone knows we HAVE to get rid of him unless we're in a very very bad situation financially. So teams figure offer lower offers, and we'll just have no choice but to give in to the best low offer. That's just my opinion of course, and I hope it's not the case.
:yeahthat:

Woodson is so fking overrated it makes me fking sick to my stomach. He came in with so much hype and announcers still consider him a premier CB..tells me they dont watch the games.

Please dont get me started on Woodson.

Back
Top Bottom