Survey - What Was The Best Part Of The Draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Survey - What Was The Best Part Of The Draft?

Best Part Of The Draft

• Rounds 1-2

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Rounds 3-7

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Liked All Of It Equally

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Did Not Like It

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
I liked Malik Washington and Mohamed Kamara the most out of the draft...I think they represented very good value and will contribute in 2024. I can envision a situation where Malik absorbs the playbook/system quickly and is a FORCE for this offense, I think he's a great fit.

One more little nit. I found below blurb on ESPN. It more or less agrees with one of the points I made on a different thread, which is if it wasn't OL, they should have gone with a CB with the first pick, just because they could have had the best CB on the board that is ready to go now (none were drafted up until the point we picked), as opposed to a lower rated edge player that is a developmental prospect. So since ESPN agrees with me, I will use it. That is my favorite kind of data. ;)

You can judge a draft by how the guys you drafted do, but you can also judge it based on who you passed up does, as well.

CB is not a position of need. But nor is edge, really, and we drafted two. Could argue we have injuries there, but you don’t draft high just to cover for a temporary injury issue. Then, don’t the Dolphins always say “you can never have enough CBs”?

As for the OT KC drafted, 8 picks after us, I don't know squat about him, nor do I know much about Paul either, except for all the post draft blurboids. The KC guy seems more ready now, Paul seems to have more in the way of measurables and theoretical potential. Will be interesting to see how both players fare. Hopefully this doesn't turn out like us trading up for Eichenberg, and passing on Creed Humphrey, who went 21 picks later, also to KC.

What was your favorite pick of the entire draft?

Reid:
Kingsley Suamataia, OT, to the Chiefs (No. 63). I'm going with an under-the-radar move here. In the aforementioned deep offensive tackle class, Suamataia got a bit lost in the shuffle. But he ultimately landed in the perfect spot in Kansas City. The Chiefs have a huge need at left tackle, and they don't shy away from playing offensive linemen early; they saw near-immediate success from Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith on the interior. So, Suamataia has the potential to contribute as a rookie. He has exciting traits, including lower-half suddenness, and certainly could develop into a dependable starter.

Miller: Quinyon Mitchell, CB, to the Eagles (No. 22). He's a playmaker with speed, length and great poise in coverage. He also fills what was an enormous need for the Eagles after seeing their 2023 starters struggle to stay on the field. Both Darius Slay and James Bradberry are north of 30 years old. Mitchell's value at No. 22 is fantastic, but it's really the strategy that I like best. Philadelphia general manager Howie Roseman had never drafted a cornerback in the first round then somehow stole Mitchell with teams expecting the team to go with an offensive line selection.

I liked Malik Washington and Mohamed Kamara the most out of the draft...I think they represented very good value and will contribute in 2024. I can envision a situation where Malik absorbs the playbook/system quickly and is a FORCE for this offense, I think he's a great fit.
hopefully our kamara is as good as the other kamara. this one will be fascinating. him vs chop. measurables vs production. just hope kamara gets a fair shot, doesn't always happen given the relative draft status.

well it looks like rounds 3-7 for the win in a landslide, even if you add rounds 1-2 and all of it equally together. the survey results are quite different than what you would think from reading the text of a lot of posts.

well it looks like rounds 3-7 for the win in a landslide, even if you add rounds 1-2 and all of it equally together. the survey results are quite different than what you would think from reading the text of a lot of posts.

It’s hardly surprising. People have stronger opinions about the players taken early.

The grown men weeping because we didn’t overdraft Graham Barton will not be consoled 🙁

That I didn't watch it at all this year. Just had the ESPN webpage open on the tablet with this page and the Dallas forums on tabs while watching movies

As per the poll, liked the 1st 2 picks, but rounds 3-7 was the best for me in regards to the players taken

NFL in April. Nice little fix to tide us over to training camp.
i think we get rookie camp and OTA's prior to training camp. and maybe some restructures or FA signings along the way. am sure there will be something to keep people busy. hopefully not one of our players getting into trouble or other sorts of offseason drama, have had my fill of it over the years!

Back
Top Bottom