Sylvester Croom had great remarks about Nick Saban. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sylvester Croom had great remarks about Nick Saban.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Sylvester Croom was speaking to a group of Mississippi State alumni in Louisiana last night. He had high regards for Nick Saban. His comments about Nick Saban were that Nick was a great evaluator of talent. Sylvester said that he didn't pay any attention to what other schools were doing in recruiting except for LSU, because Nick could spot a good player that no one else knows about. Sylvester also said that he danced a jig when Nick announced that he was going to Miami, because he no longer had to face him. One comment that was made was that Nick Saban showed a lot of class last season, because LSU could have put up 75 points on Mississippi State but didn't because Nick turned it down a notch. I can't remember the final score, but it was like 52-0 or something like that.

KB21 said:
Sylvester Croom was speaking to a group of Mississippi State alumni in Louisiana last night. He had high regards for Nick Saban. His comments about Nick Saban were that Nick was a great evaluator of talent. Sylvester said that he didn't pay any attention to what other schools were doing in recruiting except for LSU, because Nick could spot a good player that no one else knows about. Sylvester also said that he danced a jig when Nick announced that he was going to Miami, because he no longer had to face him. One comment that was made was that Nick Saban showed a lot of class last season, because LSU could have put up 75 points on Mississippi State but didn't because Nick turned it down a notch. I can't remember the final score, but it was like 52-0 or something like that.

Saban is the man.........

I just have that strong felling that Saban will win us a SuperBowl within 5 years.

PhinDude88 said:
I just have that strong felling that Saban will win us a SuperBowl within 5 years.

I have the same feeling. IMHO we will be the domanate force in the NFL for several years once Saban get the team molded into his image. And i don't think he wil be one of those 5 yrs and out (J.J.) type of coaches either. I believe he will be a long tenour (sp?) coach ala Shula, Cowher, Landry.

Ducken said:
I have the same feeling. IMHO we will be the domanate force in the NFL for several years once Saban get the team molded into his image. And i don't think he wil be one of those 5 yrs and out (J.J.) type of coaches either. I believe he will be a long tenour (sp?) coach ala Shula, Cowher, Landry.
THAT is what I want more than anything, a long tenured coach. Ever since Shula left, there has been NO feel of stability to this team.

The thing is, Saban is 52.. I cant really see him coaching much into his 60s.. I think he will be a bit burned out by then even if he is super successful.

SkapePhin said:
The thing is, Saban is 52.. I cant really see him coaching much into his 60s.. I think he will be a bit burned out by then even if he is super successful.

Just from what I have read he strikes me as the type to coach well into his 60's if not 70. From what I can gather he is very passionate about the sport and I really don't see him happy away from football. And IMHO he will be a 1 team coach in the NFL , as long as he is not fired. So I think he will be our coach for the next 10 -15 years. And that is a LONG time in one place in todays NFL.

SkapePhin said:

Yeah, he'll probably get bored with all the winning and leave us for some ****ty program that sucks. :lol:

This is a man who is goal oriented and is driven.He has the right kind of attitude to bring this franchise back to greatness .I have little doubt we will be in a SB within the next 5 yrs .

Back
Top Bottom