System QB? Great supporting cast? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

System QB? Great supporting cast?

So I cancelled an early evening dinner explaining that I needed to watch this game because one of those 2 QBs might well end up being drafted by the Fins.

Eat dinner anytime. Games like this only come along once in a while. You made the right call.

I don't know of any reason why he wouldn't compete at the combine, unless it's just because he's viewed as the consensus QB1 and has nothing to gain. He's QB1 for me whether he competes at the combine or not. We just don't see it the same here.

Besides, Miami doesn't need a QB they have a 6'4" Josh Rosen and a big time arm. Dominant.

You're correct. Rosen is still in the mix tho some have foolishly (prematurely) written him off.

Of course he has to ramp his game in terms of processing as well as precision.

I still think he's a legit 50/50 prospect -- worst case he's a quality backup.

If ???? the kid can solve the puzzle he has a LOT of talent.

Bottom line -- we grab Tua and I'm OK with that.

But if we're really swinging for the fence I'd look at Herbert.

Did this 50 yard pass have too much air under it for your liking?

Tua's eye discipline to move the safety,is even more impressive than the throw...not sure that's in Justin's arsenal..

Tua's eye discipline to move the safety,is even more impressive than the throw...not sure that's in Justin's arsenal..
I sure as hell hope herbert would. If he cant predetermine a throw and look off the safety and go to the go route them herbert has no business playing in the NFL. Tua's has made so many great plays, looking off a safety on a go route isn't exactly super high level play.

I sure as hell hope herbert would. If he cant predetermine a throw and look off the safety and go to the go route them herbert has no business playing in the NFL. Tua's has made so many great plays, looking off a safety on a go route isn't exactly super high level play.
As a true freshman coming off the bench to take the championship in OT....high level play..

As a true freshman coming off the bench to take the championship in OT....high level play..
Of course it is. But, it isnt some example of some high level eye discipline. I mean, any HS QB should be able to look off a safety knowing the ball is going there. I am not discounting the importance of the play or the great spot throw.

Of course it is. But, it isnt some example of some high level eye discipline. I mean, any HS QB should be able to look off a safety knowing the ball is going there. I am not discounting the importance of the play or the great spot throw.
While true..ive yet to see that from Herbert and a few of the other QB;s coming out...a lot of staring down their recievers....It's just a trait that i think Tua does better than the other QB's..

Did this 50 yard pass have too much air under it for your liking?

That’s a great throw. I doubt Tua or Burrow will be on the board for us. We’ll have a chance at Herbert, Eason or Love. Those are the only QBs worth a draft pick. Eason and Love can be drafted with either our 1c or 2a pick.

Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield are not consistent at looking off their no.1 reads and yet they are in the NFL and most starting - some have regressed and time will tell

Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield are not consistent at looking off their no.1 reads and yet they are in the NFL and most starting - some have regressed and time will tell
Well that is a different thing. You are talking going through a progression if the first read isnt there...In the play posted, Tua was throwing the go route all the way he used his eyes to hold the safety so he could get the ball in.

If Tua was on Arizona last year, his "great eyes" would have meant jack because he would have been on his back. If Tua was behind the line early in the season here his "great eyes" wouldn't have mattered as much as people drooling over them suggest they would.

All this idol worship from grown men is pulling me toward the "to hell with Tua at any pick" side of the argument. If everyone thinks the same way then nobody is thinking.

Anyone knocking Burrow for flourishing under the new offense hasn't been paying attention to 'Bamas offense. It's the exact same. And yes, of course you try and bring Joe Brady with him.

The bias of some people is palpable. Anyone with a view that is biased should be discounted as their view is tainted to a certain degree. Love the fins first not your/a college.

Back
Top Bottom