T-Buck: Pats lucky, Phins not. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-Buck: Pats lucky, Phins not.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
BAD BOUNCES

The Dolphins haven't been particularly lucky, either.

Terrell Buckley, who was on the New England team that won the Super Bowl in 2001, says luck is as important as a good running game or an aggressive defense.

''In New England, we got some bounces,'' Buckley said. ``Some teams we flat-out whipped, but we also got some bounces. Here, we've had no luck this year, we have gotten no bounces. Yes, we have as much talent as that New England team that won it. But when you don't get any breaks, it doesn't matter.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7554454.htm

Yes, I have to agree that Miami hasn't gotten many game changing breaks this year.

It's obvious. I don't know if it's luck breaks or whatever clearly NE has gotten them all and the Phins have been delt the short end.

Yo T-Buck, add coaching to that. :D

NE also takes advantage of their breaks when they get them.

i can think of a few breaks miami got, but failed to take advantage of...

down 3-0, the 4th quarter marion on faulk hit that jarred the ball loose in NE territory. miami went three and out

here's another...the Derrius thompson OT catch at home vs NE, he was clearly out of bounds, the refs gave us a break, and mare missed the FG(right on que)

remember all the fumbles we couldn't recover last season in the minnesota game?

yeah, the pats are lucky...what's the use in having luck if you dont take advantage of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Agua
Yes, I have to agree that Miami hasn't gotten many game changing breaks this year.

Mare had 2 chances.

This is a break?

"down 3-0, the 4th quarter marion on faulk hit that jarred the ball loose in NE territory. miami went three and out"

and this one: "remember all the fumbles we couldn't recover last season in the minnesota game?"

When you create fumbles, those are not breaks......you posted ONE freakin break.....and one that the refs said was a catch because he was forced out..........

Now I am angry........

WE GET NO F''N BREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! T-BUCK IS RIGHT!

hate to break it to you...but turnovers are breaks, whether they are created, or freely given.

my point is, we believe the football gods have a vendetta against us (penalties, december games in buff and NE,etc), but the fact is that we get our share of breaks...AND DONT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM

Last edited by a moderator:
While this may be true. I am in the mindset of blaming it on other things such as not getting any breaks. It is easier that way :lol:

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
hate to break it to you...but turnovers are breaks, whether they are created, or freely given.

my point is, we believe the football gods have a vendetta against us
(penalties, december games in buff and NE,etc), but the fact is that we get our share of breaks...AND DONT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM

Binggo! If Wanny put the team in situations to win all the time, you wouldn't need breaks.

The Patriots have had their fair share of bad luck with injuries .They have however taken advantage of the breaks that came their way(like others stated) .

Breaks or no breaks, Bellichick is the main reason why the Pats are playoff bound.

What kills me is when you get a turnover and you are in scoring position on the other teams half of the field and Wanny/Turner calls a damn run play. All the good teams have that 'killer instinct' and go for the endzone on the very next play. Put the other team away, don't let them get back into it. I REALLY hate that.

....something about Jay throwing 30+ yards doesn't sit well with me....but I do agree with your statement. We just don't have what it takes to be a killer Offense.

Back
Top Bottom