T.Metcalf great non-pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.Metcalf great non-pick

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
His stock has been falling fast due to ankle injuries(notice plural). He has also had problems with his technique and lack of expeirence at the postion he is most likely to play, guard. Dennis Johnson may also be another good non pick. His stock has been plumiting since he was weighed in at 20lbs lighter than expected, and 2 inches shorter. He also ran .2 seconds slower at the combine than expected.

Good Spin

but Metcalf was a better pick than McKinney...
Sorry I have seen Metcalf play....people get to wrapped up in late rumors and talk about injuries...its how Reed went to Buffalo
and we will be paying for that one too.

Maybe Wannestedt has a plan for McKinney, but right now I don't get it.

Originally posted by Dajesus
His stock has been falling fast due to ankle injuries(notice plural). He has also had problems with his technique and lack of expeirence at the postion he is most likely to play, guard. Dennis Johnson may also be another good non pick. His stock has been plumiting since he was weighed in at 20lbs lighter than expected, and 2 inches shorter. He also ran .2 seconds slower at the combine than expected.

They are both better than a short center that gets pushed around easily. Metcalf was rated #4 among guards.

Yes, but after last year, do we really want another O-Lineman who is hurt all the time? Hell no. This guy has shown that he can't withstand a full season. And a college season plays 5 fewer games and you have a lot more bye weeks. I am satisfied with the McKinnie pick. Too bad it couldn't be another O-Lineman named McKinnie, but I will live. I could care less about the combine and Dennis Johnson, but, I understand why we took McKinnie over Metcalf and it makes sense to me. A guy who is hurt all the time has no value compared to a guy who is healthy.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Yes, but after last year, do we really want another O-Lineman who is hurt all the time? Hell no. This guy has shown that he can't withstand a full season. And a college season plays 5 fewer games and you have a lot more bye weeks. I am satisfied with the McKinnie pick. Too bad it couldn't be another O-Lineman named McKinnie, but I will live. I could care less about the combine and Dennis Johnson, but, I understand why we took McKinnie over Metcalf and it makes sense to me. A guy who is hurt all the time has no value compared to a guy who is healthy.
durability was definitely a factor

I also hate that the Bills got themselves a new Andre Reed in Josh. :fire: Moulds and Reed are 2 strong as hell WRs

Originally posted by dolphan39
durability was definitely a factor

I also hate that the Bills got themselves a new Andre Reed in Josh

Until they get themselves a new Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, I'm not too worried :D

here's what Brandt said after Metcalf was picked: Didn't work out at the combine and a near monsoon wiped out running outdoors on Pro Day. Indoors, he did not impress anyone because of the surface he had to run on. This is a good solid player. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl player, but he does have the ability to start.

Wannstedt told us all that he was going to make "safe reliable picks" simply because we only have 5 choices. He has to get what he thinks can come in and provide depth, and also start if we have injuries. McKinnie seems to be a polished, durable guy who can play center and guard, and could come in and play now if needed. With Dixon being a question mark, and McKinnie never allowing a sack during his college career, I say we did well considering we had no early picks.

Originally posted by dolfan87
McKinnie never allowing a sack during his college career, I say we did well considering we had no early picks.
we did not get that McKinnie ;) but Seth:

McKinney, who called the Aggies’ blocking signals, surrendered just four sacks during his college career and didn’t even allow a quarterback pressure as a senior.:eek:

The good thing about McKinney is that he can play at any of the inside positions, which is really helpful because we have had injury problems inside.

Back
Top Bottom