T. Owens FA again?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T. Owens FA again??

That is bull..........That is so unfair to teams picking in the second round and beyond............

He missed the deadline..........it is now up to San Fran to trade him.........I hate this idea.

and the fact that the 49ers were more than happy taking a mid round draft pick makes this total BS

Agreed. I think since Owens' party screwed up, he should have to pay the consequence of that. This reeks of politics.

Basically, the NFL is just kissing up to their glory team San Francisco, and trying to kiss up to their ESPN overhyped star Owens.

Ridiculous, just ridiculous. Owens' agent screws up, and as a consequence, he still gets paid and the Niners get a better draft pick than they ever could have by trading him.

I mean, I'd expect David Stern to do something like this for the Knicks, but I thought Paul Tagliabue was above this kind of thing.

Funny how the Browns wont get a similar deal for Dennis Northcut, even though he missed the deadline as well....

From what I understand, Owens contract was written such that there was some ambiguity as to what his filing deadline would be. Such was not the case with Northcutt.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a crappy deal, but Owens does have at least a little rationale for better treatment.

Owens, yes... but the 49ers... NO!!! Why should they get any draft compensation??? If they want compensation, they should have to keep him under contract and trade him?? A first rounder for a player that was gonna leave anyways is COMPLETE BS!!!

This is total bull****. The Niners should not get the 33rd pick in the draft because of this. They were talking about trading Owens for a 3rd or 4th round pick, and Upshaw wants to give them #33. I think that is unfair to the other 31 teams in the league.

Back
Top Bottom