T Ruskell Interview .. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T Ruskell Interview ..

Let's hire him. I'd rather have him than Modrak from the Bills who we can't even get in touch with. Maybe I'm off base but, wouldn't it seem that if you were in the run for a G.M. position that you would make sure the team could contact you.

Mueller will interveiw on Monday. I still think he's the front runner, but it looks like it will come down to Mueller and Ruskell.

IMO, if Tampa Bay was smart, they would hire Ruskell as their GM. They are going to bring in Bruce Allen though because he has worked with Jon Gruden in the past.

Ruskell might take the Tampa job (tho he was prepared for his interview), the bills have sucked for how many years now, and they let go of how many playmakers last year? I don't want Modrak. That leaves us Mueller who comes in MOnday.

Ruskell and Modrak were asst GMs (until McKary left at least). Mueller is a former GM and exec of the year; thus more qualified IMO. Mueller w/b a much more radical selection in that he w/expect to make more changes than the others IMO. It comes down to figuring out how to improve the QB/passing game and Wolf was best qualified for that; however, Muelle has done some nice things and s/b the #1 choice.

P.S. the Ruskell press release http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3080
We had a healthy exchange," Jones said. "We talked about his philosophy in Tampa Bay. It was enlightening."

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Ruskell might take the Tampa job (tho he was prepared for his interview), the bills have sucked for how many years now, and they let go of how many playmakers last year? I don't want Modrak. That leaves us Mueller who comes in MOnday.

Don't blame Modrak for Buffalo's inadequacies. Modrak is fairly new with Buffalo, he was with Philly before and he is a major reason why Philly is where they are now.

Last edited:
I do prefer a guy with a track record over a guy who's never done the job before.

That said, I hope Miami takes their and finds the right GM for the MIAMI DOLPHINS and not he right GM for the two years ago New Orleans Saints.

If Mueller is that guy, i'm fine with that.

they said they will have a new GM by next Friday, so so much for taking their time ;)

what has ruskell done before ??? i really havn´t heard much about him, i sure know mueller and i would like him the most

Originally posted by dolphan39
they said they will have a new GM by next Friday, so so much for taking their time ;)

Please show me where they have said this. What I've read is they MAY have a GM hired within the next week.

Bills Assistant GM Tom Modrak now is a backburner candidate. Jones said they still have not spoken.
so it id really down to Mueller or Ruskell

from what I have read of Ruskell he sounds like a talent evaluator type who has not had to be the main man, sort of like Rick Sp. expect for much longer

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Please show me where they have said this. What I've read is they MAY have a GM hired within the next week.

OK so I re-phrased

A new GM could be named within a week, Jones said.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3080

''It was a very positive and objective process, and I feel real good about it,'' Jones said. ``. . . We're committed to try to [hire someone] by the end of next week.''
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7623734.htm

The above scares me. What this sounds like to me if he gets the job is he'll evaluate the talent and then defer to Wanny for the final say since he's not used to wielding the final authority.

A guy who's done it before and made the tough choices would help this team I feel.

Back
Top Bottom