• Resign Tyson Clabo and/or McKinnie & Draft

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other (Explain Below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

phlbnqb5413

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok all, assuming ALL of these options are available (Which I highly doubt all of them will), what do you think is the best option for signing a FA Tackle. Think about money that would be spent also!

I voted to sign Eugene Monroe. I think he is the best option when I look at age, ability, and money. Yes, he will cost a lot, but just as much as albert or jared. Monroe stays healthy. And I like his age. Only problem is I do not expect Baltimore to let him go with a contract or tag. IF they do, I think we should open the checkbook. He also has experience in Baltimore now with zone blocking scheme, and fit it very well. I expect us to draft probably martin (put him at guard) or a BPA who is not a lineman. Probably 8-9 Mil a year, but can get creative with it to get cap numbers down when needed.

Veldheer may be best option, but I highly doubt Oakland lets him go….they are one of the few team more cap rich then the phins

Veldheer may be best option, but I highly doubt Oakland lets him go….they are one of the few team more cap rich then the phins

Very true. If I recall correctly they are north of 50M and the next highest is in the 30M range. Veldheer isn't getting away.

I voted Monroe, and I was saying before he moved to Baltimore that we ought to make a play for him ... and then Jacksonville let him go for a song. I doubt Baltimore lets him go.

That leaves Albert, who would probably be the most expensive of the 3 and we could have had him last year ... but now we'll have to overbid for him. I'd still be happy with him and he's our most likely candidate.

If Collins is on the market I'm sure he'll be a hot commodity. To me, he's more of a gamble than Albert despite his stellar year. But, any year as great as that in pass protection merits consideration.

I'd consider bringing McKinnie back if we can't get a solid LT, but only to cover if we draft someone like James Hurst to eventually take over at LT.

Sign Collins then draft Martin to play beside him

The player to go for will be the most natural team leader who has the natural ability to play well on the field but also the personality to command respect and correct the perception of a dysfunctional O-line team room. If we are going to spend a very large amount, we also want a natural leader with good character who doesn't have an issue with drugs. Does anyone know much about the leadership attributes of the guys listed in the poll?

I don't understand the love affair some of you have for Collins!!! The guy has only started 25 games in his six years. Albert has 83 starts in the same exact time period. Maybe that would make him a cheaper option but who knows??? Albert will probably make the most sense because Philbin wanted him last year and he's probably the top tackle left that won't be tagged. Ravens would be stupid to let Monroe walk and the same goes for Oakland to let Veldheer walk as well. Sign Albert to an 8 to 8.5 million a year for 4 or 5 years and be done with this LT search. I would also try to sign Mack as well because of the flexibility it would give us in the draft. I would then take Lewan for RT or Martin for LG if they're there at 19 or trade back if possible and take Sua-Filo for LG. That would leave us with only needing a RT or RG for the rest of the draft!!! We would have the money to sign Mack by cutting Patterson and Moore so it wouldn't really eat into our already 30+ million

Back
Top Bottom