take a look at this(espn) Preview of game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

take a look at this(espn) Preview of game

Leftwich may be the next Dan, but he betta be smart enough to throw to ball away from Pat "best CB in the NFL" Surtain - that is one thing that is Surtain :D

We'll see. I could easily see the 'Phins losing this one if the D doesn't bring it's "A" game, especially with Junior likely out.

The Dolphins have limited the opposition to fewer than 100 yards rushing and 10 or fewer points in three straight games.

we need to do 3 things to win (on the road):
  1. hold the other team to under 100 yards rushing
  2. win the TO battle
  3. keep penalties to a min.
    [/list=1]

Interesting articles. I did not know that Fiedler used to be a Jag.

I agree with XO. This definitely isn't week one.

Originally posted by 1972
Interesting articles. I did not know that Fiedler used to be a Jag.
you must have turned off JJ and Dan's last game before the score got to be 62-7 since Jay came in and toasted us :cry:

fiedler got his biggest break and was noticed by backing up mark brunell. during the 99 season when the jags went 14-2, he played in 8 games, and even started one...the last regular season game and beat the opponent. he came into the playoff game against miami for practically the whole fourth quarter, if i can remember. I remember thinking how good he was every time he came in , and how its gonna suck that we most likely will lose this backup.

We need to BLITZ! Bring the Blitz and change it up all the time, keep him guessing, and on the turf.

Originally posted by Jagsfan20
fiedler got his biggest break and was noticed by backing up mark brunell. during the 99 season when the jags went 14-2, he played in 8 games, and even started one...the last regular season game and beat the opponent. he came into the playoff game against miami for practically the whole fourth quarter, if i can remember. I remember thinking how good he was every time he came in , and how its gonna suck that we most likely will lose this backup.

Yeah I noticed him back them and tought he looked great.

I was happy when the Dolphins signed him but now I have mix feelings.

I like the guy, his attitude and all but I don't think he's the guy capable to take us to the next level.

I think everyone should hold off on the comparisons to Dan Marino already. Besides Dan's obvious physical talent, he was always more familiar with the opposing defense than any player on the field, including said opposing players. Chis Collinsworth even made mention of his relentless study of the game on this weeks INFL show. We are talking about a professional who played most of his career with mediocre protection on his right side and yet didn't get sacked often. In fact, teams paid dearly for blitzing when Dan had the right weapons. Leftwich is good but not that good.

yeah, didnt Miami lead the league in fewest sacks for what, 9 years under Marino's reign?

Mainly cuz of the fastest release in the NFL.

Originally posted by Jaj
Mainly cuz of the fastest release in the NFL.

That and Dan was a master of taking a little shuffle step and making somebody miss. Best pocket awareness ever.

Back
Top Bottom