Take Mind off the Draft: OL Coaching Commentary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take Mind off the Draft: OL Coaching Commentary

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have the perfect linemen that a guy like Houck can turn into a great group. All of our linemen are highly athletic individuals with great strength. Wade Smith is one of the most athletic linemen in the NFL. Guys like McKinney are also extremely athletic. Hadnot has great physical abilities. I could go on about all of our guys. Bottom line though is they cant block at all. Athletic ability is something that cannont be taught. On the other hand good coaching can teach a bunch of young players how to block and read assignments.

We dont need any linemen in this draft. If we keep this group together Houck can turn this bunch of strong agile linemen into an actual NFL offensive line. They will have improved chemistry but more importantly whatever aspect was missing last year in coaching these guys (I am guessing there was alot missing) whether it was motivation, scheme or just teaching will not be missing this year.

I am going to make a bold prediction and say that Wade Smith will be a good linemen whether it is LT, G, or C by the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom