Talent Assesment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talent Assesment

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First things first ... First post here just registered today and want you all to know I think this site is awesome.

I am and have been a Dolphin Fan for 29 years (counting this one)

I hear people saying that it isnt the coaches that are missing the tackles, dropping balls, and throwing interceptions.

I disagree, This Miami team has a ton of talent on it, but if you dont put them in a position to where they can execute that talent it isnt going to do anybody any good.

I mean hell we have Ricky so did we pound the ball 30 times? Do you blame Ricky for not running for 150 yards and 3 TD's?

Im just saying use what you have and try not to turn somebody that you like into something that he isnt. Fiedler is great at what he does ... being a pocket passer and trying to throw for 400 yards is not his thing. But it seems that Wanny was determined to show everyone that he can do that and well it didnt work. So instead of quelching a QB Controversy maybe he has just started one.

So the O Line sucked today ... big deal ... we could of counted with roll outs and screens but did we ... no.

And I could go on and on about the offense but it is the defence's turn.

Okay, the Defense didnt hold up at all .... Dont know how many of you else noticed that the big pass play that Carr had where Madison went down was obviously one of those new defensive wrinkles we were working on so hard this offseason. The defensive formation was strange and Miami Defenders were falling all over themselves.

Im just saying that the team looked sloppy, and I blame the coaches not the players. and anyone jumping ship this early is a little hot headed. Lets see what happens next week.

And BTW ....

GREAT GAME HOUSTON, you did what was needed to win and you looked pretty good doing it.

I think Norv could take a little heat this week but I honestly saw what he was doing and kind of agreed with it. Most plays you could clearly see at least 5 or 6 players down on the line rushing in or playing the run. You don't pound the ball 30 times against a 6 person defensive line. You pass the ball. We needed to pass protect better for Jay, and Derrius Thompson needed to step up and make plays.

We also needed to NOT get penalties. I know penalties are often blamed on the coach, but I just don't see it myself. I mean, you tell the player not to hold. The player knows what holding is and has known not to hold, facemask, false start, etc all of his football CAREER. Yet they do it. 11 penalties for like 87 yards. At crucial moments too.

Maybe some people need to lose their starting jobs just to send a message. Maybe some people need to lose their roster spots.

:welcome: to Finheaven. Sit, take your shoes off, and pull back the lever on the recliner. :)

Good first post. :up:

Penalties, not being the coaches fault, I agree a little bit (this is not a cut and dry topic) but I think coaching makes the difference there ... I mean ... how else can you explain all those years in a row with Shula as coach and Miami having the fewest penalties in the league, regardless if new people came in or not?

Back
Top Bottom