Talk about good coaching. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talk about good coaching.

sammyeaglesfan

Losing sucks!
Reaction score
Thats decision on 4th down to have Brady punt the ball was genius! Backed you guys up on the 1 yard line.

That was a very smart move. Belichick is clearly one of the best coaches in the league if not the best. I wish we had him instead of the horrible coach we currently have.

It wasnt a "smart" move. It wasnt even gutsy. Brady very easily could have fudged that kick in a way that a regular punt would have been much preferable.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
It wasnt a "smart" move. It wasnt even gutsy. Brady very easily could have fudged that kick in a way that a regular punt would have been much preferable.

I thought it was a great call, Belichick said in his post game press confrence that they had been running that play in pratice for a while and he felt confident that Tom could pull it off. The beauty of the play was that there was no one back to make a return.

It was a great play! It pinned us back to our 1 yd line didn't it? Noone was expecting it and once again shows the difference in the imagination of the coaches for our team and the Pats. The Pats coaches actually game plan to exploit and win, while we just try to do the same old same old and hope that is enough to win a game. Sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't. I would like a coach that has the confidence in our players to try different schemes and change it up everynow and again.

When was the last time an opponent said this about the Dolphins?

McMichael was more succinct about what the Patriots' plan on third down.

''Oh my Lord, they had a very good game plan,'' he said.

I would have preffered and intentional safety. ;) :D

Originally posted by Disgustipate

They wouldn't have made that call if Brady didn't practice punting before. I guess he did and they figured he was good enough at it to try this.

I was actually thought the Dolphins might try the same play earlier in the game when they punted from the Pats 38, before the punt team came out I thought they would either go for it or have Jay do a pouch punt!

Back
Top Bottom