Talking Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talking Draft

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have a lot of big decisions to make this offseason. Perhaps the biggest is what to do with Mike Wallace. Personally, I hope the team keeps Wallace. While he's not a #1 receiver, his speed has to be accounted for which helps others on the offense. Also, his 10 touchdowns would be difficult to replace, especially if it's a rookie. If Wallace goes, it may mean that Miami has virtually a whole new set of receivers. Brian Hartline likely won't be back either.

After that, the biggest areas to watch are the offensive and defensive lines. If Miami is unable to get a run stopping defensive tackle in free agency, I would expect DT to be the teams' #1 pick. Danny Shelton, Malcom Brown, Eddie Goldman, Carl Davis and Jordan Phillips all would fit that description. I think there's a big dropoff after that and the team cannot afford to gamble much on the defensive line if they are looking at a playoff run.

On the offensive line, I fully expect Orlando Franklin to be the #1 target in free agency. Unfortunately, I really don't like much else at offensive guard on the free agent market. If Franklin re-signs with Denver or goes somewhere other than Miami, I would look toward the draft. I would hate for the team to spend another number one pick on the offensive line. I think the team can find starters in round 2-3.

One of my targets in the draft would be Hroniss Grasu of Oregon. He is smart, tough and was part of a fast paced offense with the Ducks. If Joe Philibin really wants to go up tiempo on offense this would be a nice start. Would also protect against Mike Pouncey not signing with the Dolphins.

The middle linebackers in free agency and the draft make this a difficult position to fill. David Harris could be a target and would help in the running game. Benardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Paul Dawson and Eric Kendricks are the top guys in the draft at the position. If Miami goes DT in the first round, then all of those players might be gone before pick #47.

There are a lot of big, possession receivers in this draft so Miami should be able to fill that need in the 3rd-5th round range.

Players that intrigue me at #14 include Todd Gurley, Maxx Williams, DaVante Parker, Kevin White, and Marcus Peters. White and Parker may both be off the board.

Back
Top Bottom