Tamba Hali | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tamba Hali

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Admittedly I've seen only a highlight reel and his performance against FSU but this kid is impressive. He's a great pass rusher, not too sure about his run stopping though as FSU doesn't run very much. He reminds me a lot of Adewale Ogunleye (maybe because he is also from Africa). Does anyone else have an opinon on Hali?

spydertl79 said:
Admittedly I've seen only a highlight reel and his performance against FSU but this kid is impressive. He's a great pass rusher, not too sure about his run stopping though as FSU doesn't run very much. He reminds me a lot of Adewale Ogunleye (maybe because he is also from Africa). Does anyone else have an opinon on Hali?

A motor that constantly runs,......just not expected to fall to 16th.

Where does Hali fit in a 3-4? He is too small to play DE, NT, or DT....... he has the size to play OLB but at PSU he played DE and didnt really drop into coverage much at all.

As a PSU fan, I saw every game this year and Hali is going to be great in a 4-3 front..... however I dunno in our 3-4.

I'd like Greenway over him actually, but even more so Jimmy Williams.

Philter25 said:
Where does Hali fit in a 3-4? He is too small to play DE, NT, or DT....... he has the size to play OLB but at PSU he played DE and didnt really drop into coverage much at all.

As a PSU fan, I saw every game this year and Hali is going to be great in a 4-3 front..... however I dunno in our 3-4.

he's not too small for DE in the 3-4, he spent the first 3 years at PSU as a DT.

Jaj said:
I'd like Greenway over him actually, but even more so Jimmy Williams.

I think Williams (shutdown CB) or Youbouty (solid cover corner) would be sweet to fall into our laps.....but a S that is flying up draft boards is Ko Simpson from S. Carolina (3rd year Soph).

16th maybe to high at present for him, but if Bing or Huff are gone, and a young S is a need to protrol the over the top, or support the run he looks promising.

Anyone have skinny on him?

ChambersWI said:
he's not too small for DE in the 3-4, he spent the first 3 years at PSU as a DT.

Hali is 6' 2" and 265# runs a 4.8 for DL guy.

JT is 6' 6" and 255# (not sure his measured speed, but he is butt-quick in FB speed for DL guy)

Agree, Hali seems capable of that 3-4, 4-3 hybrid guy

When I say DE, I mean the position Kevin Carter plays. Our defense is labeled DE-NT-DT-OE.

JT plays the OE position which is a DE/OLB hybrid. As I stated before, I dont recall ever hearing anything about Hali's coverage ability, which is required for the OE position.

Kevin Carter I believe is 290ish playing the DE position on our Oline for reference. Hali is 260ish I believe.

Philter25 said:
When I say DE, I mean the position Kevin Carter plays. Our defense is labeled DE-NT-DT-OE.

JT plays the OE position which is a DE/OLB hybrid. As I stated before, I dont recall ever hearing anything about Hali's coverage ability, which is required for the OE position.

Kevin Carter I believe is 290ish playing the DE position on our Oline for reference. Hali is 260ish I believe.

Based on this, agree, he is JT type guy in my mind, never looked at him as a KC type. So all along I simply was looking at his role to be JT like.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Based on this, agree, he is JT type guy in my mind, never looked at him as a KC type. So all along I simply was looking at his role to be JT like.

Well with JT Carter and Roth (remember 2nd rounder, to high to ride the bench for ever) I dont care where he is suited and Simpson read my lips NO neither Bing Simpson has very little expirience and Bing gives up many big plays plus both are reaches at 16 and wont be there at 51 so if you ask me I rather get Blue at 51. In the first there are only 3 positions we can realisticly look at either QB or LT or LB no CB cause Williams will be gone Cromartie is also short in exp plus also injurie Q? and Tye Hill is a reach. So its either Cutler, Justice or Greenway.

I'd rather have Greenway than Hali and if we get Cutler in the 1st then I'd like a guy like Manny Lawson in the 2nd if he's still there.I think he'd fit our defence better than Hali.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

If I was going lineman with that pick, I'd rather Kiwanuka or Wright. I like Hali, just don't really see a need for D. line over O. Line, secondary

Back
Top Bottom