Tampa Bay - Possible Trade Partner (ESPN Insider) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa Bay - Possible Trade Partner (ESPN Insider)

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
I don't want to get in trouble for posting ESPN Insider content here, but the Insider Draft Rumors section says that the Bucs may be interested in moving up to the top 3 to select Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers. The note says they think of Smith and Rodgers as top level QBs and that this may give some options to us, the Niners and Browns if we're looking to trade down.

phunwin said:
I don't want to get in trouble for posting ESPN Insider content here, but the Insider Draft Rumors section says that the Bucs may be interested in moving up to the top 3 to select Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers. The note says they think of Smith and Rodgers as top level QBs and that this may give some options to us, the Niners and Browns if we're looking to trade down.

I've heard that on the radio in Orlando too....who knows? Supposedly Gruden loves Smith. If it happens, great! But I think we'll end up picking at #2.

Again, been saying it for a while, but the Bucs would love Smith to fall to 5 and would weigh up heavily whether to take Rodgers. The point being that if, as is rumoured, Miami takes Benson at 2, the Browns will take Edwards, the Bears Cadillac - they want Benson - leaving Rodgers, Mike Williams or Brown. They are hoping to deal Chris Simms to Cleveland on the Friday or Saturday pre-draft. We shall see.

Boomer said:
Again, been saying it for a while, but the Bucs would love Smith to fall to 5 and would weigh up heavily whether to take Rodgers. The point being that if, as is rumoured, Miami takes Benson at 2, the Browns will take Edwards, the Bears Cadillac - they want Benson - leaving Rodgers, Mike Williams or Brown. They are hoping to deal Chris Simms to Cleveland on the Friday or Saturday pre-draft. We shall see.

I've been saying Simms is going to Cleveland and people think I'm nuts!!!

PS

The Simms live two blocks from me!!

Boomer said:

My bad. This is what I get for not checking the "Ask Boomer" thread. D'oh!

how far back are the bucks in the draft???

phunwin said:
So did I, but that's what the article says. Fine by me, though.

Not with me, I'll be severly pissed if Alex Smith is leading Tampa to greatness while Miami is still playing with discount rate quarterbacks.

Dudeman said:
The Browns aren't gonna give up on McCown or Harris, just for another QB that's no better.

You know this as fact?

The Bucs have Chris Simms.

We need a good QB coach...i think Dan Marino should come back to Miami and be our QB coach.

ItalianDolFan said:
The Bucs have Chris Simms.

We need a good QB coach...i think Dan Marino should come back to Miami and be our QB coach.

And are looking to deal him. (Helps if you read the thread in its entirity mate :) )

Back
Top Bottom