Tampa fin fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa fin fans

acmeanvil49

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
My kids live in tampa now and I have been down there 3 times since August.
Yet to see a game in Miami yet, but maybe this year.

Does anyone know of a designated bar in Tampa that is a gathering place for Dolphin fans to watch games?

Wow it's been 2-years and some months since I posted this and not one response.....

I guess there is no designated bar in Tampa anyone has heard of that is a Dolphins home base for game day.

I live in Louisville and there is a Packers bar, Browns bar, Cowboys bar, Bears bar and a Vikings bar.

The Bears and Vikes bars are right across the street from each other.

Sorry,man. I live south of Tampa.Off hand i can't tell you of any bars.I have Sunday Ticket.:(

I just moved to the Tampa Area, from the home town of my boy Marino, Pittsburgh Pa

Im tired of steeler fans

where are all the miami fans at?

I don't know when you find some let me know!

I was born in Tampa, been a Fins fan my whole life, and have yet to find a Miami Dolphins bar in the City.

However they have several Steelers Only bars, 3 Cleveland Browns Only Bars, and 2 Buffalo Bills Only Bars, and of course about a billion Buccaneers Bars.

Maybe we Tampa Fins should just hijack a neutral bar and make it our place.

Okay well, I am a fins fan here in tampa. Relo from NYC but did a 10 year bid (seemed like jail time!!) in Buffalo 5 years of college and 5 years of the bar scene as well. I came down here in 01/02 walked into a sports bar on Hanley (The Point After-they make really good wings) and walked into a SLEW of Bills fans!! After much jabbing back and forth I heald my seat down in there for the next 3 years or so. I currently work at Whiskey Park North as a bartender and have been trying to set up a section for my fellow fin fans but not enough come in. I however am there every Sunday (www.whiskeynorth.com) chearing on my Fins with a couple other people. We did have the pleasure of hanging out with Channing Crowders mom and some of his relatives after his first game here against the Bucs. If Miami should happen to pick up Allan Branch then there will be parties here a plenty, well at least when they come to tampa to play the Bucs.

I am planning on moving to Tampa next year. Does anyone from Tampa have season tickets? Is there a bus/train/plane that goes from Tampa to Miami? I don't want to drive 4 hours.

I am planning on moving to Tampa next year. Does anyone from Tampa have season tickets? Is there a bus/train/plane that goes from Tampa to Miami? I don't want to drive 4 hours.

They're might be a bus, as for the train I'm not sure if the Tampa Grand Central Station has a route to Miami; I think the trains out of Tampa go straight up to Alabama.

Okay well, I am a fins fan here in tampa. Relo from NYC but did a 10 year bid (seemed like jail time!!) in Buffalo 5 years of college and 5 years of the bar scene as well. I came down here in 01/02 walked into a sports bar on Hanley (The Point After-they make really good wings) and walked into a SLEW of Bills fans!! After much jabbing back and forth I heald my seat down in there for the next 3 years or so. I currently work at Whiskey Park North as a bartender and have been trying to set up a section for my fellow fin fans but not enough come in. I however am there every Sunday (www.whiskeynorth.com) chearing on my Fins with a couple other people. We did have the pleasure of hanging out with Channing Crowders mom and some of his relatives after his first game here against the Bucs. If Miami should happen to pick up Allan Branch then there will be parties here a plenty, well at least when they come to tampa to play the Bucs.

I know where that is, not too far from my area in Lutz; come the season I will have to check it out. I was thinking of making Coquina Blue my hang out for the Dolphins season, but hey as long as we Tampa Fins can get together some where and make one place a Dolphins hang out then I don't care where it is.

I just moved to the Tampa Area, from the home town of my boy Marino, Pittsburgh Pa

Im tired of steeler fans

where are all the miami fans at?

Brother, they are in Miami and Orlando.

In the 2 years I lived there recently, Bucs fans were everywhere.

The Bucs were on the radio 24/7, on TV with a show....everywhere.

Its obviously the Bucs hometown but what I am saying is that just because your in FLA. dont expect to see many Fin fans in Tampa.

I saw more Fin fans in Orlando than there.

Yeah but its just nice knowing.. i can actually drive to a game (5 hr trip) but still better than hoping on a plane...

so whats a girl to do in the tampa area anyway

Well we Tampa Fin Fans need to decide on 1 bar in the Bay area where we can go if we choose to go out and watch a game. As a Tampa Native I find it embarrassing that we don't have a hang out, but the Bills and Steelers have a ton.

I propose the following bars, each Tampian should vote for only 1 bar:

1.) Whiskey North - Carrollwood
2.) Game Works - Ybor City
3.) The Press Box - South Tampa
4.) Shots - St. Pete Times Forum
5.) Neweks - Channelside District
6.) Hattricks - Downtown Tampa
7.) Brandon Ale House - Brandon
8.) Tampa Ale House - Carrollwood
9.) O'Brien's Irish Pub - Brandon
10.) 1st Hooters - Clearwater
11.) 1st Beef O' Bradys - Brandon
12.) Coquina Blue - Citrus Park
13.) Barnacles - Brandon
14.) Dan Marino's Town Tavern - St. Petersburg
15.) A random Bennigan's
16.) A random Chili's
17.) A random Wing House
18.) A random Hooters other then the 1st one.
19.) A random Beef's other then the 1st one.
20.) A random Buffalo Wild Wings
21.) A random Smokey Bones (Official University of Miami Bar).

:dolphins::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

i love dan marinos haha

I have to say that I have never been to Dan Marino's Town Tavern before, its right on the Pinellas side of the Bay as I understand. Is it a sports bar like Hooters or Beef's with TV's everywhere, and decent priced hot wings, beer specials, etc; I just hope it is not fancy pants steakhouse like Shula's over here in Tampa.

I will most likely only go here for big games, like the Giants vs. Fins game in London.

Back
Top Bottom