Tampa gets Garcia. ERRONEOUS REPORT! CLVLND SIGNED HIM. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa gets Garcia. ERRONEOUS REPORT! CLVLND SIGNED HIM.

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Tampa get Jeff Garcia

Buccaneers | Garcia Headed to Tampa Bay - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:12:32 -0800

The Gilroy Dispatch reports free agent QB Jeff Garcia (49ers) is headed to Tampa Bay to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His signing is expected to be announced at a press conference later this week and is slated to land a three- or four-year deal worth between $15 million and $20 million according to his father, Bobby Garcia. "He's going to Florida," said Garcia's father. "This is a fresh start. He's going in there with guns drawn, fully loaded. He's going to give it his best shot. He said, 'Dad, I'm totally committed now. This is a new step in my life.' " The Buccaneers, as of Monday, March 8, would not confirm or deny the deal and a spokesman for the Buccaneers said no press conference has been scheduled.

Oh God no.

I would take Jay over Brad Johnson anyday.

Please Fins, stay away from Brad "I personify female genetailia" Johnson.

He's a wimp.

Re: Tampa get Jeff Garcia

Originally posted by SMadison29
Buccaneers | Garcia Headed to Tampa Bay - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:12:32 -0800

The Gilroy Dispatch reports free agent QB Jeff Garcia (49ers) is headed to Tampa Bay to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His signing is expected to be announced at a press conference later this week and is slated to land a three- or four-year deal worth between $15 million and $20 million according to his father, Bobby Garcia. "He's going to Florida," said Garcia's father. "This is a fresh start. He's going in there with guns drawn, fully loaded. He's going to give it his best shot. He said, 'Dad, I'm totally committed now. This is a new step in my life.' " The Buccaneers, as of Monday, March 8, would not confirm or deny the deal and a spokesman for the Buccaneers said no press conference has been scheduled.

According to ESPN the Browns are looking at getting rid of Couch and signing Garcia.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1753940

Brad Johnson has actually benn pretty good the last few years...fantasy-wise, he's been incredible

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Oh God no.

He's a wimp.

You couldn't be more wrong. Brad Johnson is as tough as they come. I've watched just about every Bucs game the past three years. He's one tough mofo.

THey said that Garcia w/compete with BJ and Simms for the starting job. They never said BJ w/b cut

Re: Re: Re: Tampa get Jeff Garcia

Originally posted by chambers84

ESPN isn't always right, and in this case they aren't. Garcia is going to tampa bay.

Never said they were, but until he signs no one knows.

Garcia left Cleveland & went to Tampa.

Johnson is probably gone, Gruden didn't like his performance the last half of the season. I doubt we'll pick him up.

Brad Johnson is a solid QB. He has been pretty good the last few years. If he becomes available, I would definitely try to get him, I think he could easily start in Miami.

This is very interesting. Miami would be stupid to not pick up Brad Johnson. He would solidify this group of QB's.
Starter- Brad Johnson
Backup- AJ Feeley
3rd String- Rosenfels/ Rookie

When Norv was still here, I really pushed for Miami to sign Brad Johnson "when" he was cut because Norv and Brad were together in Washington and did very well.

Maybe Norv would sign Brad Johnson to Oakland now.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Oh God no.

He's a wimp.

Johnson was awesome the last two years in fantasy leagues, and did excellent while in washington. like someone else said, you are confusing him with Rob Johnson.

Johnson threw for almost 4000 yards last year (almost twice what fiedler threw for), had 26 TD's and 17 INT's (until the last game of the year where he threw 4 INT's on desperation plays - last game of the year hail mary style).

superbowl year - 3000+ yards passing and 22 TD's 6 INT's!!!!

in washington in '99 he threw for OVER 4000 yards and had 24 TD's and 13 INT's....

those are not stats of a pansy.

however, i think he is getting old now, and since we just signed feeley it would be stupid to sign ANOTHER QB.....

UNLESS WE DID THIS SCENARIO: sign Johnson, draft Rivers with the 20th pick, release fiedler.
so our depth chart would be this:
1) Johnson
2) Feeley
3) Rivers (to be groomed to replace johnson next year or the year after)

-tex

Back
Top Bottom