Tampa gets Garcia. ERRONEOUS REPORT! CLVLND SIGNED HIM. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa gets Garcia. ERRONEOUS REPORT! CLVLND SIGNED HIM.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

Johnson was awesome the last two years in fantasy leagues, and did excellent while in washington. like someone else said, you are confusing him with Rob Johnson.

Johnson threw for almost 4000 yards last year (almost twice what fiedler threw for), had 26 TD's and 17 INT's (until the last game of the year where he threw 4 INT's on desperation plays - last game of the year hail mary style).

superbowl year - 3000+ yards passing and 22 TD's 6 INT's!!!!

in washington in '99 he threw for OVER 4000 yards and had 24 TD's and 13 INT's....

those are not stats of a pansy.

however, i think he is getting old now, and since we just signed feeley it would be stupid to sign ANOTHER QB.....

UNLESS WE DID THIS SCENARIO: sign Johnson, draft Rivers with the 20th pick, release fiedler.
so our depth chart would be this:
1) Johnson
2) Feeley
3) Rivers (to be groomed to replace johnson next year or the year after)

-tex

Exactly my take. i'd do it in a heart beat. Brad was a great QB for a run there, he had some good years in MN as well. Bring in Rivers to groom, and it's all in the book :)

1) Johnson
2) Feeley
3) Rivers

Yeah, I could live with that. Brad is getting old, but he has put up much better numbers than Feidler and at worst we end up starting Feeley.

Either way, Rivers would be ready to roll in 2005. A QB that can help us win now, and one for the future. :D

Call me crazy, but no, I was actuall talking about BRAD Johnson.

I DO NOT want him. He is a sitting duck. I've never seen a quarterback get so nervous and throw the ball out of bounds at the slightest bit of pressure. I would take Jay over him anyday.

The reason his stats were so good is because the Bucs passed EVERY friggin down. He is very immoble and God forbid, if Wade Smith has another season like last year, he has no athleticism to get away from the rush. Whoop, there goes the ball, into the third row of the stands.

Boy, talk about just asking to get into 3rd and long...

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Call me crazy, but no, I was actuall talking about BRAD Johnson.

I DO NOT want him. He is a sitting duck. I've never seen a quarterback get so nervous and throw the ball out of bounds at the slightest bit of pressure. I would take Jay over him anyday.

The reason his stats were so good is because the Bucs passed EVERY friggin down. He is very immoble and God forbid, if Wade Smith has another season like last year, he has no athleticism to get away from the rush. Whoop, there goes the ball, into the third row of the stands.

Boy, talk about just asking to get into 3rd and long...

ok. nevermind the fact that Brad's worst season as a starter is better than Jay's best season as a starter! :D

... and i like jay! i think that brad is wayyy better than him though.

Once again, the Bucs pass ALL THE TIME.

Johnson is OK, but he definitely does not fit into our system. I think Jay is better for our offense.

It's moot anyway, Adam Joshua will be good.

Johnson will NOT be released by TB. Every team needs two quality QB's that can start. Given the # of QB injures - and given that Garcia has a bad back, there's no way TB let's Johnson go.

It's a shame, they have two QB's better than any of ours.

Johnson is better than jay I could live with it if we drafted Rivers

well Garcia signed with Cleveland which means Johnson will probably be the starter in Tampa next year anyway.

but for the record, Johnson is better than Jay at the same price.

Back
Top Bottom