Tank for Tua smokescreen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tank for Tua smokescreen?

Marino1313

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have given this some thought. What if we are throwing it out there in the universe that we may be tanking for Tua and giving other GMs that’s who we are taking. Say we get the first overall pick, we trade it away for someone who really wants Tua and gives 2 firsts and then some (pending where the trading partner is in the draft) for 2020 and 2021. We may be adding ammo to get Lawrence and giving the impression to the league were tanking for Tua but really going for Lawrence instead.

This would be a great way to get some picks. There would be a lot of QB needy teams within 2 years as some teams need replacements of old QBs (Pats,Chargers,Steelers) or teams who need an upgrade.

The Bucs whom I believe will have a top 10 pick this year would be ideal. They should move on from Winston cause he clearly can’t “eat” up those Ws lol. We can trade with them and they can move to the number 1 spot and take Tua and give us their 2021 pick as well cause should be a good pick then too.

#intrevorwetrust

Let the "Lose for Lawrence" threads begin! :rolleyes:

To guarantee Trevor Lawrence, you'd essentially have to end up with the first pick 2 years in a row.
There's no guarantee, no matter how many picks we have, that if we are not picking number one overall in two drafts when(if) Lawrence comes out, that the team drafting number one will trade with us, no matter what we throw at them, if that team wants Lawrence bad enough.

The evaluation of these QBs is nowhere near over but Jesus I hope not. Then we'd be the Browns. You don't pass a franchise QB when there's one available unless you're absolutely blown away in a trade offer (like when Ernie Accorsi wanted 4 #1s for Elway in 83). Too much could happen in a year to chance waiting on Lawrence (injury, accident, off field incident...) if he's even better than Tua or Herbert.

If Lawrence remains as good as he looks now, there is 0 chance of getting him even if you have the #2 pick in the draft. No one that needs a QB is trading away a generation talent for any amount of ammo. I think it will be a similar situation this year with Tua, unless someone happens to get the top pick that just picked a QB last year.

I think I'm fine with this. I want us to have the best O-line in the league next year and see how both Rosen and our running game do behind it. Depending on how we do, we'll probably be able to move up in the draft if needed to get a QB in 2021.

That would be the ideal scenario. I don’t think Tua is anywheres near the “sure thing” that he’s hyped up to be

OP is really on to something but left the plan incomplete. After the smokescreen of Tank for Tua and getting a measly two picks so they can be Lousy for Lawerence it turns out that is a smokescreen as well and they trade the #1 pick in the draft again for two more picks because the plan is to go Nauseating for Nix in 2022.

Unless there is a QB they like better in 2023.

I think right now Trevor Lawrence is overrated. Bash me if you want. He may or may not become what everyone wants him to be, he's just not this once in a lifetime prospect at this point in his career. We'll see what happens this year and next. I sure as hell ain't crowning him king of anything yet.

I think right now Trevor Lawrence is overrated. Bash me if you want. He may or may not become what everyone wants him to be, he's just not this once in a lifetime prospect at this point in his career. We'll see what happens this year and next. I sure as hell ain't crowning him king of anything yet.
At this point he is highly overrated. Don’t know how many articles I saw calling him the greatest QB to ever play college...lol

OP is really on to something but left the plan incomplete. After the smokescreen of Tank for Tua and getting a measly two picks so they can be Lousy for Lawerence it turns out that is a smokescreen as well and they trade the #1 pick in the draft again for two more picks because the plan is to go Nauseating for Nix in 2022.

Unless there is a QB they like better in 2023.
They're just going to keep trading that 1st overall for a bounty of picks for that can't miss QB prospect every year. :lol::shame:

You didn't think hard enough, get back on the toilet.

There is this kid, he plays on a church league 5-6 year old team. I tell you his arm is so good no one can catch it.

The one problem I have with this post is the compensation. What you listed (2 1sts and then some) is what got Julio Jones...

For a projected franchise QB and #1player on A LOT of teams boards, we should minimum 3 1sts and 2 2nds plus whatever other fluff they needed to throw on top. With how hyped Tua is, it should take one of the biggest trades in NFL history to grab him from a QB needy team.

Do I think this scenario would happen in a million years? Nope, but it's fun to dream.

It's not even week two of the 2019-2020 season and we already have a "smokescreen" Thread.

Back
Top Bottom