Tank, Hull And Allen On The Active/physically Unable To Perform List | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tank, Hull And Allen On The Active/physically Unable To Perform List

Tank left such a bad taste in my mouth last year in preseason that I dont much care

How do these guys get hurt before camp even begins...I understand why Tank is a no go but...damn.

He’s almost 9 months out from the injury.. why do you think he’s not close?

Unless it's a RARE case of an ACL injury healing much faster than normal (think Adrian Peterson), it'll take 12-18 months for the effects of that injury to completely go away. He may be able to run and cut 9 months post injury, but it still comes with lots of swelling and pain after intense activity. That's why you shouldn't expect anything from him this season.

Unless it's a RARE case of an ACL injury healing much faster than normal (think Adrian Peterson), it'll take 12-18 months for the effects of that injury to completely go away. He may be able to run and cut 9 months post injury, but it still comes with lots of swelling and pain after intense activity. That's why you shouldn't expect anything from him this season.
If he doesn’t play this season that means you are giving him a two year timetable for return..

I’ve seen players come back 10 months from the injury and play..

A 1 year timetable for this injury to be back playing is the norm..

Now if you wanna say it takes two years to be all the way back to a hi level of performance and comfortability then that’s a different argument..

for football players it never takes more than a year from what I recall. Ronnie Brown, Rivers, Brady, Walker.. all had acl tears during the season and I believe they all came back strong the following year.

If he doesn’t play this season that means you are giving him a two year timetable for return..

I’ve seen players come back 10 months from the injury and play..

A 1 year timetable for this injury to be back playing is the norm..

Now if you wanna say it takes two years to be all the way back to a hi level of performance and comfortability then that’s a different argument..
Many players never come back to anything close to what they were, and IMO, Tank never played at a "hi level" to begin with. He had a couple good outings, and a nice play here and there, but lets not pretend he was a rising star, or even consistently solid.

I guess what I'm saying is, in reality there is no rational reason to assume he can be counted on at any point in the future. Might happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

Ty, Yup week 9.. he should be close
Not very realistic. Knee injuries especially to the ligaments often take close to a year to recover from. Even so many athletes see dips in production and athleticism because of how fragile that part of the body actually is.

It wouldn't be surprising to see him come back before that though, every week missed for NFL players is another day someone takes your job and the financial loss does not help

Many players never come back to anything close to what they were, and IMO, Tank never played at a "hi level" to begin with. He had a couple good outings, and a nice play here and there, but lets not pretend he was a rising star, or even consistently solid.

I guess what I'm saying is, in reality there is no rational reason to assume he can be counted on at any point in the future. Might happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

My feelings exactly.

I agree with all that, I’m talking about his own relative level of performance and ability..

In general players come back to competitive play on the field a year removed from the injury..

I agree with all that, I’m talking about his own relative level of performance and ability..

In general players come back to competitive play on the field a year removed from the injury..

One year out means that he starts practicing full speed half way through the 2019 season. Not a good indicator for contributions in 2019...

Some make it back faster but a year to get back to "full speed" seems about right for an acl...

Seems are team is back to it's old tricks.......how many guys will end up on IR this year? Can't even remember how many we had last year.

Not very realistic. Knee injuries especially to the ligaments often take close to a year to recover from. Even so many athletes see dips in production and athleticism because of how fragile that part of the body actually is.

It wouldn't be surprising to see him come back before that though, every week missed for NFL players is another day someone takes your job and the financial loss does not help

Start him week one. Start McCain at SS. Lets do this tank right.

Back
Top Bottom