#Tankovailoa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#Tankovailoa

I think the nuance involved in that distinction will get lost as soon as the real bullets are firing and the team is just...not good.

People will question the coaching decisions. They'll question the discipline. They'll say our offense is too conservative and our defense isn't fundamentally sound.

This was generally a well coached team under Tony Sparano. But they said all that anyway.
I didn't. I actually liked Sparano

Credit Ross for finally growing a pair of brass jewels. He saw the light. He didn't allow for anymore people to whisper in his ears about how they can get him to the top without tearing it down. This is a massive overhaul and Grier has shown to be masterful negotiator. He's had numerous chances to trade for picks and somehow came away with two 1st round picks for Tunsil. He's shown to be very selective and has vision. So far so good. Now just go out and secure the right players.

Are there any really good QB's in college that actually play under center and not spread/shotgun formations?

It's gonna be a long year, guys. Have a sense of humor about it.

Just sayin'.

View attachment 24046

We've been arguing back and forth about this 'tank' thing for months, ever since Steve Ross himself let the cat out of the bag with his press conference about firing Adam Gase and promoting Chris Grier to head of football.

While I think some people like to hide in the legalese about some perceived Merriam-Webster definition of the word, 'tank' and it's necessitating cooperation from the head coach and/or players on game day, what is clear is the Dolphins front office has intentionally put out a 2019 roster that has zero chance of winning.

Some Pollyanna's out there can continue to maintain that this was merely an unintended consequence of the 'rebuild'. But that's just not the case.

The Dolphins rank #32 in the league in cash payroll, and the #31 team is paying over $36 million more in cash payroll than Miami. They're not just at the floor; they've blown a hole in the floor and gone down three levels below it. The sum of the Average Annual Values of their contracts is about 65% of NFL average. I think that's only been done one other time in the last decade.

And with them being Top 10 in the NFL in actual salary cap space (the accounting construction), they had the ability to field a better 2019 team than this, even while looking to rebuild for the future, IF they wanted to. These were not mutually exclusive things. The Dolphins chose not to pursue both aims.

And the reason they've chosen not to pursue both aims is because they don't just want a 'good' quarterback in 2020. They want an ELITE quarterback in 2020. There's a difference. One can help you improve your team, become respectable, hovering around 8-8 or 9-7 for a long period of time. The other can help you dominate the league for a decade or more.

#Tankovailoa

Send me some laughing gas cause even if Florres and Grier are the right guys we got two years of stink to live through if not it could be 10.

By the end of the year he may not even be the best QB.
That's right!
Acquiring all of these draft picks for the future is great, but by no means do they guarantee anything, whether it's Tua, or anyone else.

I’m just hoping by the end of the season another QB is in the discussion besides Tua. I’m fine with Tua but I’m not smitten yet.
we are not drafting a QB ,we didn't trade for rosen just to trade for a QB ! grier liked him coming out last year now he got his man. plus tua isn't any better than rosen

Miami will likely be really bad this year... but a different kind of bad. I feel like the team will actually play hard and you'll see the difference in style a coaching staff can make, but the talent level all over the field will be missing. I think the team could potentially surprise teams but not enough to have a run. But you know what? That's okay. Outside of when Bill Parcells came in (and ironically had a great first year under Sparano) the team has been acting like they're 1 move away from competing ever since Marino retired. A proper rebuild was desperately needed

This! Why don’t posters get this????

I’m just hoping by the end of the season another QB is in the discussion besides Tua. I’m fine with Tua but I’m not smitten yet.

I am of the opinion that there will be at least two others. And I don't think either of them will be named Justin.

Some people need to stop with the ignorance and go watch some Tua games, even the national championship he just lost in. If you can’t come away from watching his games impressed, I honestly don’t know what to say. That kid plays the pocket like a damn pro and his accuracy is off the charts. He’s a field general through and through. One of the smartest qbs to play the position.

Some people need to stop with the ignorance and go watch some Tua games, even the national championship he just lost in. If you can’t come away from watching his games impressed, I honestly don’t know what to say. That kid plays the pocket like a damn pro and his accuracy is off the charts. He’s a field general through and through.

Impressive? Yes. But I’m not looking for A top 10 QB. I want a Marino, Elway, Rodgers type QB. If I’m to sit through the suckitude then I want a first ballot HOF QB.

Back
Top Bottom