Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

Matt Moore's "best" season was 2400 yards passing, 16 TDs, 9 INTs, and 14 fumbles. 14 fumbles in only 13 games. That was his 4th year the league. If Tannehill puts up the same numbers in his 4th year, you and the other Tannehaters would have your panties so bunched up you'd need surgery to remove them..... Get a grip.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Pure speculation and IMO, complete bull****.

It's an evaluation not speculation. You can say my evaluation is BS; you'd be wrong, but you can say it. Do you believe that I believe that I'm reading his mind and seeing that it's processing information slowly? Based on my EVALUATION of Tannehill, and I have seen every game he's played in the NFL and many of his games at A&M, he processes information S-L-O-W-L-Y post-snap. If he doesn't get the look he expected pre-snap, he often just locks up.

It's an evaluation not speculation. You can say my evaluation is BS; you'd be wrong, but you can say it. Do you believe that I believe that I'm reading his mind and seeing that it's processing information slowly? Based on my EVALUATION of Tannehill, and I have seen every game he's played in the NFL and many of his games at A&M, he processes information S-L-O-W-L-Y post-snap. If he doesn't get the look he expected pre-snap, he often just locks up.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The coaches praised him all year for going through his progressions properly. He is among the quickest at getting rid of the ball. Add those two statements up and they contradict whatever you THINK you are seeing.

Everybody on the team is in make or break year, I hope most of you realize that if we dont make it to playoffs this year yet AGAIN... there is going to be major changes to this whole team from the top of the Front Office all the way down to the 53rd man on the roster.

Its not just Tannehill on a short leash....Its everybody.

Everybody on the team is in make or break year, I hope most of you realize that if we dont make it to playoffs this year yet AGAIN... there is going to be major changes to this whole team from the top of the Front Office all the way down to the 53rd man on the roster.

Its not just Tannehill on a short leash....Its everybody.
And that's why it's easy to believe, in my opinion, that Philbin would make the switch to Moore if and when Tannehill falters sufficiently in 2014. If you're going to go down, leave no stone unturned, and go down swinging.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The coaches praised him all year for going through his progressions properly. He is among the quickest at getting rid of the ball. Add those two statements up and they contradict whatever you THINK you are seeing.

Go back and watch the Carolina game again. Watch how many corner blitzes they do and watch how many times Tannehill makes the read and hits the hot read...

Go back and watch the Carolina game again. Watch how many corner blitzes they do and watch how many times Tannehill makes the read and hits the hot read...
Well we can't do that, you see, because that might make Tannehill responsible for some of the sacks the team took in 2013, and we're too busy blaming them all on the offensive line. ;)

After the GM search, and Ross's expressed faith in Joe Philbin, it's clear to me that he's committed to Philbin beyond this season. So, I don't think that's the case.
I think it'll be a function of how the team plays. He won't very well keep his job if the team goes 6-10 or worse, in my opinion.

After the GM search, and Ross's expressed faith in Joe Philbin, it's clear to me that he's committed to Philbin beyond this season. So, I don't think that's the case.

hahahah thats bull****, if we go 4-12, I can guarantee you that Philbin wont be here the following year....3 non-playoff seasons isnt what owners look for in their coaches.

If a QB is getting the ball out quickly, that has more to do with pre-snap reads thane post-snap reads. Nowhere did I say he struggled here. He's a smart guy and a good student of the game. But when his post-snap reads differ from his pre-snap reads, he often crumbles. It's one of the main reasons we suffered so many sacks this season. Everyone bags on shou for dissing Tannehill, but he's right that Tannehill is responsible for a high number of those sacks.

If a QB is getting the ball out quickly, that has more to do with pre-snap reads thane post-snap reads. Nowhere did I say he struggled here. He's a smart guy and a good student of the game. But when his post-snap reads differ from his pre-snap reads, he often crumbles. It's one of the main reasons we suffered so many sacks this season. Everyone bags on shou for dissing Tannehill, but he's right that Tannehill is responsible for a high number of those sacks.
Ah, but we should've also made the offense more complex in 2013, so he would've had even more to think about before and after the snap. No doubt that would've made him play better, and the offense would've flourished. ;)

I don't think there's a coach in the NFL that is safe after regressing from his previous two seasons of 7-9 and 8-8. The only two coaches I can think of in similar situations is Rex Ryan and Fisher, both had previous but limited successes. Both of those guys should be fired if they don't improve, likewise for Philbin.

That's not the conclusion of the people at PFF who actually looked at each and every sack. Try again.

That's not the conclusion of the people at PFF who actually looked at each and every sack. Try again.
And that's where PFF's data likely become less reliable, when they move from the descriptive to the explanatory.

And that's where PFF's data likely become less reliable, when they move from the descriptive to the explanatory.

that guy just rely's on PFF, I wonder if PFF explained to him the importance of the BUF and NYJ game last year....thats right, PFF doesnt have a statistic for intangibles..

Back
Top Bottom