Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

Junc, do you know the differences between short, normal and long sacks, and what would cause these different kind of sacks? Or do you believe all sacks belong to the QB?

If you looked at the numbers, tannehill has a majority of his sacks as short sacks, less on normal sacks, and even fewer on long sacks. Wilson, has few short sacks, more normal sacks and even more long sacks.

So it would seem that because Wilson has more long sacks, it's because he uses his feet to extend plays. Meaning more sacks are on Wilson. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, obviously it works for Wilson. Tannehill with a lot of short sacks, means he can't even get his feet set, before he gets sacked. Which was the reason for fans wanting the OC to call more bootlegs, quick slants, etc.

Your stat line of how many times Wilson is sacked, per pass play, has no relevance towards how good or bad the Seattle oline is, because more of the sacks can be attributed to Wilson's scrambling. Also, the reason Seattle will probably only upgrade one lineman, maybe two, due to losing one in FA, whereas Miami is looking to replace 2 or 3, not including the two involved in the scandal.

112 pages really.................??????

To debate 3 or 4 alleged Dolphin fans and one troll who fail to even recognize how bad the Dolphin O-line was despite a franchise record 58 sacks?

Despite the loss of Jake Long and two other starters due to lockeroom BS?

Left and right NFL pundits, experts, NFL veterans etc etc etc have weighed in and stated clearly that Tannehill has the talent, that he simply needs a rebuilt O-line to be a top ten QB.

:crazy:.............nuff said!

Overtime:lol2:

don't be jealous.

Junc, do you know the differences between short, normal and long sacks, and what would cause these different kind of sacks? Or do you believe all sacks belong to the QB?

where have I ever said all sacks belong to the QB? most people think all sacks are the fault of the OL and that is what is happening w/ Miami 2013. some are the fault of the OL, some the QB, some are coverage sacks, some a RB missed a blitzer, etc... each one can be different.

Your stat line of how many times Wilson is sacked, per pass play, has no relevance towards how good or bad the Seattle oline is, because more of the sacks can be attributed to Wilson's scrambling. Also, the reason Seattle will probably only upgrade one lineman, maybe two, due to losing one in FA, whereas Miami is looking to replace 2 or 3, not including the two involved in the scandal.

Wilson scrambles to make plays b/c the pocket breaks down.

i've seen plenty of times, where wilson thinks the pocket is breaking down, after his first or second read, and then scrambles, without needing to.

edit: even the coach doesn't like it when he scrambles so much...

i've seen plenty of times, where wilson thinks the pocket is breaking down, after his first or second read, and then scrambles, without needing to.

edit: even the coach doesn't like it when he scrambles so much...

that may be true, I am sure there are examples of that.

Back
Top Bottom