Tannehill QB rating 107 today, Luck 79 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill QB rating 107 today, Luck 79

It only seems that way because Luck extended plays and made quicker decisions in the pocket. I like RT, but Luck is clearly the superior QB. He gets rid of the ball faster (for the most part) and he knows when to run. RT is a good athlete, so I don't understand why he seems reluctant to tuck it away and run. On at least 2 of his sacks and had a lane to run, but he stuck in the pocket and allowed it to collapse.

Sure. He's been born a bred at the position. He's clearly the superior QB...HOWEVER, there is one that
wins, and one that loses, and MIA, lead by a ... well, lets just say.... inferior QB put up more points than
the OH so pretty SUPERIOR QB.

Tannehill is going to learn the position. He's a project. And he's STILL winning.

we didnt wrap up when we tryed to tackle him Jordan just gave him a bump , when he should have wraped him up with his long arms and followed through , but luck is hard to bring down , thats why we didnt need to help him by just bumping him instead of wraping him up.

I hope Jordan learned a lesson on that one.

I also hope he didnt avoid wrapping up because of his shoulder. If so he shouldnt be out there.

Our team is better. It made bigger plays when it needed to.

Ryan takes his lumps and gets back up unaffected. Sign of a great QB.

Game Balls

RT
Charles Clay
John Jerry
Brent Grimes
Mike Wallace
Caleb Sturgis

Ryan def outplayed luck today. Luck is a heck of a qb tho.

Pretty much all that needs to be said. One QB threw the ball into the hands of opposing defenders on multiple occasions -- and paid the price for it eventually. The other did not.

Pretty much all that needs to be said. One QB threw the ball into the hands of opposing defenders on multiple occasions -- and paid the price for it eventually. The other did not.

The thing is, I see Luck making these types of throws in EVERY game. Thus far he's gotten pretty lucky that defenders are dropping them. Not saying he's a bad QB because that's far from the truth but I feel he gets a pass quite often because his TEAM helps win games. His receivers bail him out often.

The thing is, I see Luck making these types of throws in EVERY game. Thus far he's gotten pretty lucky that defenders are dropping them. Not saying he's a bad QB because that's far from the truth but I feel he gets a pass quite often because his TEAM helps win games. His receivers bail him out often.

Luck is awesome, and IMO he lives up to the hype, but you are correct.

He is not perfect, and shouldn't be portrayed as such. Great young QB? Absolutely. Unbelievable pocket presence? Yup. But he absolutely makes some awful decisions and eventually he is going to start paying for them. Brent Grimes made him pay for one today. Chris Clemons could have made him pay for two more. I mean, Chris Clemons flat out dropped two gifts -- not to rip on the guy at all, he had a solid game -- but it is what it is.

I really think that Tannehill and Luck are going to be the best QB's in the AFC going forward. Today was a great QB battle and Tannehill won today!

I saw no really bad decisions throwing by Tanne today. Nice to see

Tannehill did have the winning game today, but the difference between the performance was not near as much as the QB rating would suggest. Luck's ability to move the chains with his feet and pocket presence doesn't shown up there, and Tannehill's fumbles and inferior ability to avoid the rush also isn't accounted for. Those two things are what made this a game decided by a 4th down sack deep in our own territory and not a landslide like the rating would suggest.

RT also needs to develop better game vision. I don't know if he's locking in on a receiver too early or if he's going through his progressions too slowly, but he seems to miss quite a few big play opportunities. No doubt he has the arm for the game though.

RT beat RG3 in college and now has beaten Wilson, Weeden and Luck in the pros.

Luck is an awesome quarterback, a lot of fun to watch. He's got the size and strength of Big Ben, the arm and decision making of Brady and a nice set of wheels too. Just not enough to beat our Fins :hump:

Tannehill is getting better every week though. By the way, I figured its not worth making a thread about, but shouldn't there have been a closer look at the Wallace long ball, that put us on the one yard line? It looked a lot like a touchdown to me at first. Would have been nice for him to get 2 TDs on the day.

Huge game for our young QB...His confidence will spike now but I hope he does not get caught up in his own press.

Great game for RT...He had to step up & he did

We should be very excited about Tannehill. It is safe to say, that he is the best QB we had since Marino.

By the way, I figured its not worth making a thread about, but shouldn't there have been a closer look at the Wallace long ball, that put us on the one yard line? It looked a lot like a touchdown to me at first. Would have been nice for him to get 2 TDs on the day.

I was thinking the same thing, but I was more worried when it happened that the flag was on us, especially after Wallace didn't look happy when he got up.

Tanny looked much better than Luck today.
The only thing I can say about Luck is he is the strongest QB I have ever seen.
We should have gad at least 6 or 7 sacks today.

No, he did not. He played well. The defense played very well. Tannehill still needs to get better at managing the sacks, looking off the coverage, and finding the open receiver. Luck is still a better QB, but Ryan is closing the gap.

Back
Top Bottom