Tannehill stepping up in the pocet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill stepping up in the pocet

Dr. Tomorrow

Scout Team
Reaction score
Trying to put the absolute stupidity of this organization aside for a moment, there were a few play action passes where Tannehill actually stepped up in the pocket and drove the ball to the receiver. It showed it could happen if the line blocks once in a while.

Yes it was nice. He still lacks pocket presence. There were many opportunities to run and slide. He seems to be coached towards rhythm passing that making him even more of a robot. He simply doesn't have feel and awareness. No feel at all. Whether we like it or not..He's not the answer.

I seriously think this kid is being over coached. I highly doubt he wants nothing to do with running. Kid was WR, I am absolutely sure he being told NOT to run.

It's stunning but he's done better managing the pocket and stepping up into it when he's actually able to trust his blindside tackle not to get destroyed back to the inside shoulder when he does so.

I go back to that great breakdown of all the sacks/pressures that Landshark posted a few weeks back in which Tannehill was sacked at least 3 times after stepping up because of that.

His pocket awareness was certainly a lot better vs Tampa especially in the second half...likely because the pocket held up much better minus the two late sacks. If only the team would have been prepared for the game and played the first half like they did the second half.

Being coached by a neophyte with negligible QB coaching experience if any who got the job cuz he's "The Sherman anti-Trust act son in law is a ridiculous way to develop a valuable asset who in his formative years of development is especially susceptible to ingraining life-long bad habits. It's analogous to entrusting a young classical violin prodigy to the the HeeHaw guys.

What is a pocet? Is that French for another Dolphins collapse?

I thought his accuracy was poor on Monday but noticed a much improved awareness in the pocket.

What is a pocet? Is that French for another Dolphins collapse?

Yep, I typed a bit to fast and didn't notice it. Thankfully, there are internet grammar vigilantes like yourself to highlight transgressions. Keep on doing what you are doing because you are necessary.

I seriously think this kid is being over coached. I highly doubt he wants nothing to do with running. Kid was WR, I am absolutely sure he being told NOT to run.

which sucks because he could have run for the 2 point conversion and a TD where they settled for a FG...

yeah he has done some of that...there's some progression here but not enough for the pitch fork crowd i guess...

no qb though gets out of those last 2 sacks on the final drive...none of em...i feel like i could say that about a lot of those collapsing pockets this year...worse still for us going forward it is damn hard to fix major protection issues for the long haul in one offseason...took the bears years of failed picks and poor play and well they just happened to luck out with a 5th round ot in mills and picked up a solid left tackle in bushrod in free agency...first round pick kyle long has shored up right guard too...that's called hitting the offseason oline lottery what chicago pulled off...

i wish we were that smart with the draft and free agency but we are anything but...probably gonna be a problem for years...

Back
Top Bottom