Tannehill's small hands | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's small hands

It was brought up lot during his draft year.

The problem is there is no proof of the effects.

But common sense should tell you bigger hands help you grip a ball better.

Tannehill has been among the leaders every year in fumbles, and has faired terribly in cold weather games. Is it because of small hands?who knows..

Bellichek and Walsh would say it does.

Awsi and others used that as a reason he would never be a top QB.
Never bought into that theory myself although as xxwarxx says it would probably come into play involving ball security issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was brought up lot during his draft year.

The problem is there is no proof of the effects.

But common sense should tell you bigger hands help you grip a ball better.

Tannehill has been among the leaders every year in fumbles, and has faired terribly in cold weather games. Is it because of small hands?who knows..

Bellichek and Walsh would say it does.

:bobdole:

Brady's hand size is 9 3/8"

The data on Joe Montana isnt available b/c his time was before the inception of the combine and it's measurements. Walsh desired footwork and accuracy, those were the two main traits the he coveted. I've never read once for his concern of hand size.

Emory Hunt ‏@FBallGameplan 40m40 minutes ago

If I know what I look for in QBs, & have had success in finding them, why would I tell the next guy what to look for? Yea, go measure hands

:chuckle: Well played, Emory.

Maybe that's why he married a girl with small ta-ta's :idk:

laurentannehill.jpg

:bobdole:

Brady's hand size is 9 3/8"

The data on Joe Montana isnt available b/c his time was before the inception of the combine and it's measurements. Walsh desired footwork and accuracy, those were the two main traits the he coveted. I've never read once for his concern of hand size.

or maybe it's all those nanosecond blind side hits from tannehills "protection" before he even finishes his drop

Elway on tv talking about hands right now.

Said bigger hands are preferable especially in tough weather conditions.

But tannehill has small hands, so that means Elway is a idiot.

Right guys?

ball security is not an issue with tannehill...you stop letting the guy get plowed before he can even set his back foot or get to his 2nd progression and we'll see how much issue his hand size is

hell I'm surprised he holds onto the ball on all that hard contact as much as he does...especially the blind side stuff with guys released clean to the qb off a whiff at the los

Back
Top Bottom