Tanner McKee | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanner McKee

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
If we make some trades/signings and plug some holes and we find ourselves with some fexibility and this guy's still there at #77, I'd take him. Reeks of a smarter, more accurate and anticipatory Allen to me.

He is unlike Allen in one very important area, he has no athletic ability at all.

He is a statue in the pocket.

Smart guy, great thrower but I fear the game is evolving away from his traditional skill set.

Teams want QB's who can make plays with their feet. They don't have to be Lamar Jackson/Justin Fields runners but they need to be mobile.

I also don't see Miami wanting another young QB right now, even a 7th round developmental type.

I like Tanner McKee. His arm talent is really impressive and he can be deadly accurate. Seems to be a quick processor too.

As Jimthefin mentioned, his athletic ability is a drawback. And maybe too much to overcome in today's game.

Could be a nice backup option, though.

Put him behind a strong pass protecting OL with some downfield weapons and he will deal for you no doubt but he will really need a great situation to thrive.

I wish he was just a little more nimble in the pocket because he throws it better than anyone but Stroud in this class.

Put him behind a strong pass protecting OL with some downfield weapons and he will deal for you no doubt but he will really need a great situation to thrive.

I wish he was just a little more nimble in the pocket because he throws it better than anyone but Stroud in this class.
He could actually do well in an offensive system like Miami, where the quarterback gets rid of the ball quickly.

Obviously, he isn't going to extend plays.

I don't know how many starting QB's are as slow footed as McKee.
In the 80's, he'd probably be a 1st round lock. Interesting how the game has changed. I absolutely love those multidimensional quarterbacks and the excitement they add to the game.

Hate playing against them, though.

In the 80's, he'd probably be a 1st round lock. Interesting how the game has changed. I absolutely love those multidimensional quarterbacks and the excitement they add to the game.

Hate playing against them, though.
Maybe with a lot of work the kid can improve his short area agility so at least he has that Marino/Brady abilty to take a step or two in the pocket and buy himself some time, he can really sling it.

Maybe with a lot of work the kid can improve his short area agility so at least he has that Marino/Brady abilty to take a step or two in the pocket and buy himself some time, he can really sling it.
The fact he's been subjected to so much pressure in college and hasn't really broken down gives me some hope he can put it together.

The fact he's been subjected to so much pressure in college and hasn't really broken down gives me some hope he can put it together.
He is physically and mentally tough no doubt about that.

I would have loved to see him on a better team.

If Miami was in the market for a young QB I would take a shot.

Back
Top Bottom