Taylor and Thomas to visit U.S. military bases in Germany | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor and Thomas to visit U.S. military bases in Germany

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Taken on NFL.Com :

Miami's Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas to visit U.S. military bases in Germany

NEW YORK (May 9, 2003) -- Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor and linebacker Zach Thomas will be in Germany to visit United States military men and women on behalf of the USO and the NFL, May 15-18.

"I am pleased that Zach and Jason will represent the NFL and let the troops know how appreciative and proud we are of them," said Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who went on a similar trip with Jerome Bettis and Eddie George last year.

Taylor and Thomas have a full schedule, which includes:

On Thursday, May 15, visiting with troops at Rhein Main Air Base.
On Friday, they will spend time in the Kaiserslautern military community to include Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. Landstuhl is where many wounded American service people have received medical attention following Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Saturday they will travel and visit to the Heidelberg military community.
Saturday night they will attend the NFL Europe's game in Frankfurt, featuring the Amsterdam Admirals at the Frankfurt Galaxy game.
Not only are these two teammates, but also they are also brothers-in-law. Taylor married Thomas' sister, Katina.

you can bet i bring my whole camera equipment to frankfurt and just hope i find a way to get to them but the problem is that after green bay and SF the next team in germany very popular are our fins, so i guess it will be pretty packed in rhein stadium, frankfurt...:hitself:

Originally posted by Al13
you can bet i bring my whole camera equipment to frankfurt and just hope i find a way to get to them but the problem is that after green bay and SF the next team in germany very popular are our fins, so i guess it will be pretty packed in rhein stadium, frankfurt...:hitself:

Alex, what have you smoked?;) Just to make it clear, the stadium in Frankfurt is called the Waldstadion (in english: forest-stadium), while your mentioned rhein stadium is in Duesseldorf, where Frankfurt Galaxys archrival Duesseldorf RheinFire played until this season (now they play in Schalke Arena).
Back to the topic: Does anyone know, if there is a plan for an autograph session in Frankfurt? If so, I'll try to get there as well.

They're beasts on the field and class acts of it. :troops:
:mdfin:

Back
Top Bottom