TB... Not O but D... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TB... Not O but D...

lotion

Jane Gum
Reaction score
I'm interested in how our D matches up against TB. 2nd year in Gruden's system. Very good against the Jets.
Gruden is one of the best, I want to see how we react to his schemes. With Dungy and even last year (Gruden's first) we manhandled them. I'm expecting the same type of progression from one year to the next that we are seeing with NT. It will be a good matchup. I think there is some animocity there, Sapp skipped through our warmups once.... Someone should have knocked the snot out of him for that.... I remember Zach moaning about it, should have acted in my opinion.
Anyways, looking forward to a matchup with the champs, I'm in Tampa and it makes me sick they won a SB, but I do like Gruden. Sapp makes me sick... dirty player and nothing but horror stories with everyone that comes in contact with him. No class at all. He wouldn't sign an autograph at the hospital for one of the nurses that delivered his baby (this one with the wife... 2 or 3 in the last couple years with others)
BTW she's divorcing him. Funny how that happens in the final year of a contract, no coincidence I'm sure.
I hope we beat the piss out of TB. My eyes will be on the D.

actually i´m a little worried about this game injury wise, as these two teams clearly don´t like each other, i hope we can get through it without losing someone through a nasty play by one of these tampa players

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We'll be lucky to see our starters for a quarter in this one. I bet Ricky will only play a series or 2.

It's a preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell what is going to happen. I think our starters should do a pretty good job against them. I know it's preseason, but I want to get the Bucs good.

I think we have the advantage matchup wise. Their D is better then ours, at least last season it was, and our O is better ten ours. It's not that simple though.

Their Offense is a whole lot easier to shut down then ours is. Good D's could hold them to low scoring games last season. Their running game sucks, and their offense line is something our D-line should eat for breakfast.

Our offense is hard to shut down. It's by no means super prolific, but it is hard to completely shut down. We've got a very physical offense. They didnt face a back last season near the calibur of Ricky. The best they faced was McAllister. We faced all four of the RB's ahead of him in terms of production(Henry, Portis, LT, and Priest Holmes).

We've also got the ability to create matchups unlike most teams. Not only are our WR's a threat to catch the ball, so is everyone else elligible.

Oh god, I hate Sapp ;(.

He had a couple good seasons and he think he's the guru of Defense. Not only IMO is he over-rated, he's a loud mouth and a cheap shot. Trust me, if someone would actually stand up to Sapp he'd be pounded. More bark less bite. Taylor would whip his *** fo sure ;).

i failed to see any of your points shine through in the game...except the one about our D...

Back
Top Bottom