Tbuck expects/wants to be back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tbuck expects/wants to be back

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
not sure if anyone posted these comments or not (checked the first 5 pages of thread topics and either didn't see it or missed it).

This is from www.phinzone.com

Terrell Buckley Says He Will Be Back
March 24th, 2004
Despite reports that the Dolphins and Terrell Buckley are not close on a deal, the Miami Herald reports Dolphins free agent cornerback Terrell Buckley, 33, said he has been speaking with team officials and ''expects'' to be back next season, even though Miami gave Carolina's Reggie Howard a $24 million contract to be the team's third cornerback. ''That [Howard signing] surprised me,'' Buckley said from former NFL and UM cornerback Robert Bailey's charity golf tournament. ''I had to hear the news from Sam Madison's agent. You have three cornerbacks making good money. Where does that leave you? . . . I feel I can play three more years at a high level. I have Hall of Fame numbers. The league gets caught up in how old a guy is instead of their productivity.''

If T-Buck comes back, we will have one of the better dimebacks in the NFL, an upgrade from last year for sure.

He should be able to eat up just about any #4 WR a team could throw out at us.

especially useful against the rams passing offense

TBUCK TBUCK TBUCK!!!!

Bring TBUCK back!!!

BTW, we only need Sam and Pat for the Rams offense now.

I like Tbuck ... really do, but HOF numbers? I don't buy that one.

T-Buck is a bit of a legend in his own mind, but the guy makes plays. :D I'd love to see him back for the Dime package, and what depth it would give us, in case of injury.

Originally posted by dolphan39
this was discussed the other day:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar24,0,5781402.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I know that this has been discussed to a degree before but everything until I saw this was normal "i want this and they're only offering that" kind of stuff. This at least is a bit more positive on the possibility of him coming back as it sounds as though he wants to and expects to be here. He did come back to Miami for a reason.....or two.....

Deos anybody remember how bad TBuck was the firs season or two with the Fins? Then it was like over night he stepped it up and became a good CB for them.

Actually If I remember correctly he had trouble playing the nickel spot and when they put him out there as the starting CB he was much better.

Anyway TBuck coming back would complete the CB position. I have to believe many teams wouldn't mind having a TBuck as their Dimeback.

You can't ever have enough good corners. Bring him back!!

I do not see the FO offering up more than a vet min for a 4th CB even one as good as T Buck. That is the stumbling block

Back
Top Bottom