TE Battaglia puts on a receiving clinic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Battaglia puts on a receiving clinic

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What?? I thought he was a blocking TE only, do we have another steal here...I hope so...because I liked Weavers hands and route running ability..I thought we'd miss that with him gone, but this is encouraging.

TE Battaglia puts on a receiving clinic

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The only thing this guy is known for is breaking Howard Stern's thumb.

Should of broke the idiots neck instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The only thing this guy is known for is breaking Howard Stern's thumb.

Are U sure..??:tongue:

Did he get the chance to catch a lot in Pittsburg..or do they not use the TE as a receiver...something like Chan's O.

Battaglia has been a career-long disappointment....

He has been given opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to succeed in this league and has failed every time. Perhaps he is turning over a new leaf.

He was drafted in the 2nd round in 1996 and was given every chance to take over for Tony McGee, but never did. In fact, his best year was 1999 when he had 14 catches for 153 yards. The Bengals cut him halfway through the '01 season. He lached on with Washington and was beat out by Walter Rasby for the #2 TE position. This past year, he was cut by the Bucs in mid-season after signing with them to be a #2 TE in the off-season, which forced the Bucs to sign Rickey Dudley. He then went to the Steelers, but couldn't thrust himself ahead of a few TE's that will never sniff a starting role: John Allred, Matt Cushing, Jerame Tuman.

Needless to say, I think the guy is a bum and a career-long underachiever. This, however, is some encouraging news. With all the 2TE sets we run, it'll be an interesting battle between he and Donald Lee in training camp.

MANCOW? BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE? THE DOG HOUSE? All of these guys have one thing in common, the all ripped off Howard Stern in some fashion or another. Howard has set records and proved everybody wrong time after time. His supposrig cast of characters such as the lovely Robin Quivers, hilarious Artie Lange and resident genius Fred Norris, help contribute to the greatest morning talk show on the air.

Marco Battaglia is actually a great friend of Howard's and accidently broke his had. Marco also has averaged about ony10 catches a season in his career. I don't think you can say he is a career failure though. Someone failed to mention that he was signed by the Steelers right before the playoffs, not really giving him time to pick up the offense. His time in Cincinatti was dissapointing, but lets face it, everyone's time in the 'Natti is dissapointing as well so no fault of his. The main problem he faces is that the Dolphins will carry no more than three Tight Ends and two of them are locked in (McMicheal and Perry) and the tird i a rookie who seems to have a good rapoire with the OC Turner. Marco has to have great days every day in order to have a shot at making this team. I don't think Miami will carry four TE's like they did last year.

Back
Top Bottom