TE~CODY MCCARTY ~ TCU...This guy might be our TE addition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE~CODY MCCARTY ~ TCU...This guy might be our TE addition

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
He's had some great reviews and is a very confident player. I hope to see us land him. Her comes from a great family and I think he has some potential in the right system.

Cody McCarty
TCU
6'4
This former quarterback and defensive end is the incumbent starter at the tight end position... has become a more physical blocker and also possesses soft hands... also a solid special teams contributor... has caught 22 passes in his career for 315 yards and two touchdowns... has made 14 career starts.

2003: Tied for fourth on the squad with 16 catches for 252 receiving yards... ranked third on the team with a 15.8 yards per catch average... caught a career-high four passes in the season opener at Tulane... had a career-best 55-yard reception at Arizona... matched his career high with four catches against Army for a career-high 59 receiving yards... also played on special teams.

2002: Started three games (Army, East Carolina and Colorado State) when the Frogs opened in a two-tight end formation... caught six passes for 63 yards including a pair of TDs... caught touchdown passes in back-to-back games vs. North Texas and Houston... scored his third touchdown of the season when he recovered a blocked punt in the end zone versus Tulane.

2001: Moved from quarterback to the defensive end position in the spring, then found a home at tight end in the fall... saw action on special teams.

2000: Redshirted as a true freshman.

High School: First team District 31-3A and an honorable mention all-state quarterback... was a four-time all-district pick... threw for 4,964 yards and 42 touchdowns as a prep... passed for 1,680 and rushed for 600 yards as a senior... passed for 1,427 and rushed for 520 yards as a junior... coached by Gordon Foerster... three-time all-district choice in basketball and once in baseball... also received area scholar-athlete honors... chose TCU over Houston, Baylor and Texas A&M.

Personal: Cody Ryan McCarty is the son of former TCU great Mickey McCarty and Belinda Tijerina... born January 2, 1982... is a criminal justice major.

DOLFANMIKE said:
He's had some great reviews and is a very confident player. I hope to see us land him. I'll add some reviews later.

yeah he can run under the linemans legs and sneak out a couple of yards.

What about another TE from Central Michigan by the name of Tory Humphrey??

According to Sportingnews.com, He is 6'1" weighing in at 257 pounds.

Runs a 4.47 40 yard dash.
20-yard shuttle of 3.94
vertical jump at 38"
60 yard shuttl at 11.07
3 cone drill in 7.00 seconds.

That is one hell of a speed demon there. They do not have a profile for him though.

Did both of the Michigan St. TE's get drafted?

Back
Top Bottom