TE in Linehan/Saban system | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE in Linehan/Saban system

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
TE in Linehan/Saban system should excel

I hope McMichael is used to his full potential in the new offensive system. The Vikings did alot to improve the TE position by picking up J. Wiggins and throwing to him frequently, in the previous years, H. Goodwin TE( x-Fin),would be used as a blocking tight end like the Fins used him. It seemed like they used there FB in the offensive scoring scheme more than the TE. Saban/Linehan will have to utilize McMichael's superior talent in the passing game. If McMichael is used like they utilized Wiggins, he should put up even better numbers than last year. Dolphins Rule ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
mattgilm said:
I hope McMichael is used to his full potential in the new offensive system. The Vikings did alot to improve the TE position by picking up J. Wiggins and throwing to him frequently, in the previous years, H. Goodwin TE( x-Fin),would be used as a blocking tight end like the Fins used him. It seemed like they used there FB in the offensive scoring scheme more than the TE. Saban/Linehan will have to utilize McMichael's superior talent in the passing game. If McMichael is used like they utilized Wiggins, he should put up even better numbers than last year. Dolphins Rule ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :fire:

Im with you here, If they get the ball to McMike, he can do some real good things with the football. Last year, Wiggins had an awesome season, so just imagine if Randy can get the same touches as Wiggins did in Minny.

Randy,Chris, & even Ronnie should have better days (stat-wise) ahead of them.
Marty Booker will have his best season since he was a probowler 3 years ago.
Those are the 4 go-to playmakers on our offense, and I hope we can focus on giving each alot of attention. Ricky and D.Bo, who knows.. but it's nice having them around just incase !!

well if you lookat it, wiggins di put up alot of number last season and was a part of the system about half way through the season, a big part, this was mainly caused of the randy moss injury but still i think randy will be used to his full potential just because we have different personel on the field here then minesota

No offense to Jermaine Wiggins, but he nowhere near as talented as Randy McMichael, and looked at the numbers Wiggins put up last season. I'm not necessarily saying McMike will dramatically increase in Linehan's system because I feel the ball will be spread around, but I do think he will excel and be productive.

painnotpleasure said:
No offense to Jermaine Wiggins, but he nowhere near as talented as Randy McMichael, and looked at the numbers Wiggins put up last season. I'm not necessarily saying McMike will dramatically increase in Linehan's system because I feel the ball will be spread around, but I do think he will excel and be productive.

my point exactly

painnotpleasure said:
Yeah I agree with your post, I didn't see it though because I was posting almost the same exact thing. :up:

i suddenly feel special:D

Did McMike drop a lot of balls last season or I'm confusing him with someone else..Sorry, it's because I'm dyslexic...But really, he needs to be more consistent!!!

Did any of you see Linehan's offense at Louisville? He had two oversized wide receivers at the tight end position during that time, and he threw to them a lot. Ibn Green and Ronnie Ghent were both All-American TEs because they caught tons of passes in Linehan's offense.

I think Linehan will also move Randy around to set up mismatches, will bring him in motion more and try and use his skills most efficiently. Utilize the players maximum ability! That is what I see this offense doing. If the O-line and Feeley can hold up their end of the bargain, then having Boston, Bookers, Chambers, McMichael, and Ronnie/Ricky in the backfield will be hard to defense. Do you bring the safety down, do you cover the slot man, do you cover the TE, do you have LB spy Ronnie.. the defense will have alot to account for... it's nice to imagine after having run, run, run, Punt! or, he looks, he throws, INT the other way for a TD!

Back
Top Bottom