TE This Weekend | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE This Weekend

mls737

Brent Barry
Reaction score
This year I drafted Tony Gonzalez in my Fantasy draft and later picked up Randy McMichael as well. This has created an interesting matchup in our game this week. Which TE will have the better day?
This isn't really a fantasy question, I'm going to start McMichael just so I won't have to root for Gonzalez while rooting for the fins. But From a completley neutral standpoint which TE will have the better day?

Don't know. I think it will be Rodgers job to cover Gonzalez and since our LB's are primarily used as pass covers he should be fine. I see Gonzalez having 2 or 3 catches but no big plays.

All things being equal I'd say Gonzalez, but since that isn't the case and KCs defense is so poor I'd go with McMichaels.

But with Miami's CBs, Holmes and Gonzalez maybe the Chiefs only offense.

Stay with McMichaels. :up:

if i was you i would trade gonzalez. Trade him and get his high trade value. Stick with randy.
I traded Duece and Tony for Ricky Williams and Booker.
Now my RB is Faulk and Ricky, Brooks as my QB, Mcmicheal TE, Brown, Booker,Rice as WR.

from the sporting news on the Chefs LBs...'This aging unit lacks speed and playmaking ability.'...good news for Ricky and Randy!

Derrick Rodgers has been very good so far, but you can't stop Gonzalez. He will probably have around 80 yards recieving since their recievers will be locked up all game and he will be the only target that will get open.

Here is the advice the "experts give:
Gonzalez might not have a big game Sunday against Miami. No. 2 tight end Jason Dunn is battling a shoulder injury, and if he can't play, Gonzalez might be counted on to serve as more of a blocker, hurting his Fantasy totals. Gonzalez is also listed as probable with a wrist injury, but was able to practice on Wednesday. He is still too good to reserve in any league.

I think this will be a close game. And when it's a close game, the TE gets more involved in the offense.

You KNOW Showtime is gonna get the ball. And now with Jay having trouble with his finger, he'll be looking to Randy even more (shorter routes). And Randy has certainly become "Mr. Redzone". Plus, their LBs and safeties aren't all that.

It's a tossup. Right now, they're the two best TEs in the league. I say wait until gametime and go with your gut.

I have a similar problem with McMichael and Pollard but McMichael has clearly emerged- at least to this point in the season- as the top fantasy TE in the league. I'd be hard pressed to find a reason why he wouldn't start for me in any and all fantasy leagues.

Back
Top Bottom