TEAM CAPTAINS: Stills, Pouncey, Wake, Suh, Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM CAPTAINS: Stills, Pouncey, Wake, Suh, Thomas

Yeah, Stills is committed to charity work, I'll grant that. It has nothing to do with his leadership on the field. Nobody is going to look to him to pull the team's fat out of the fire in a do or die situation. If it's going to be any receiver, it's going to be Landry.

Yeah, Stills is committed to charity work, I'll grant that. It has nothing to do with his leadership on the field. Nobody is going to look to him to pull the team's fat out of the fire in a do or die situation. If it's going to be any receiver, it's going to be Landry.
Brother there must have been a reason for Stills to be named. Landry has some maturing to do, not that he can't become a great leader. The senseless penalties are a sign of not a polished leader yet.

Glad you're on the team and have that inside information.

Guess that's one you'll have to take up with our coaching staff b/c they obviously disagree.

Stills is the leader of the WR room and he was last year as well. He is the guy who goes to Coach Gase and says player x on the Defense is gassed, keep picking on him. While Jarvis is probably the inspirational leader, some may be surprised but the total professional in terms of being organized, is Kenny and the coaches absolutely love him.
Another story I heard about Kenny from last year was that for Thanksgiving he personally organized for his Mom to come over from California and prepare a full traditional home cooked meal not just for him, but for all the players who were here and away from their families and there were lots of them. This is the sort of thing that probably gets little recognition but I thought it said a lot about Kenny showing leadership and caring about his teammates.

Last edited:
Stills strikes me as a guy who gets along with everyone and has everyone's back no matter what the situation. He's obviously one of Gase's favorite players as well. No issues there. You don't have to be the best player on the team to be a team captain.

Our team culture is still messed up

Pouncey is a nut job

That puts all the other captains into question / like it or not

And Stills over Landry is interesting because one guy will go through a wall for his teammates

It ain't nit-picking

Wake is great btw he was solid in Canada too

But because of Pouncey nut job everyone goes under the microscope

Gotta remember too, as young as Stills is, he's still technically the veteran WR of the group.

Stills took a hometown discount. Why not him. I would give it to Kiko over Pouncey.

Breaking down the 5 team captains:

- 2 first round Draft picks (Ndamukong Suh from Nebraska and Mike Pouncey from Florida), a 5th round pick in Kenny Stills from Oklahoma and 2 undrafted free agents (Cam Wake from Penn State and Mike Thomas from Stanford).
- Only one of the 5 was drafted by the Dolphins (Pouncey). Suh was drafted by Detroit, Stills was drafted by New Orleans.
- We got Wake from the CFL and Thomas was claimed off the 49ers Practice Squad.

Sometimes as Dolphin fans we just focus heavily on our high Draft picks with lower expectations for the other players the team acquires. However, the success of players like Wake, Stills and Thomas to make it as Miami Dolphin Team Captains, shows again that leadership can come from anywhere. In fact the Cam Wake story of not getting drafted, failing to make the New York Giants roster, failing to make any of the other 31 team rosters, having to get a job in a gym to earn a living and then getting the opportunity to play in Canada, all contributed to form the high character and determination that makes him a very good leader.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom