Team corrals Davie rodeo site as backup | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team corrals Davie rodeo site as backup

FireWrongstedt said:
Well the other thing here is I HIGHLY doubt Saban would do something like this unless he thought everything was kosher. It just kind of bothers me we'll be using a rodeo house as our indoor practice facility- too many possibilities of something obsurdely ridiculous happening. C'mon Wayne, cough up the $3 mil for the bubble. Freakin' Wayne probably has $3 mil in his couch cushions.

Something like that can't be paid for and built in a week.

We'll probably have it in a year or so. You know Wayne will do what's best for the team.

possibly dangerous microbes...doubtful but possible I guess-human germs are far more dangerous generally to humans and the most common place for staph infections is the hospital, so so much for that theory-I am, however, having painful visions of Ed Perry pulling up lame as he crossed from grass to dirt infield last(?) year-that said, probably good for them to practice some on dirt as 30-35 % of their field will be just that until (hopefully) late October....

That sucks that they have to practice in a place like that. I know its better than in the rain but for next season they need to work on getting a indoor practice facility. South Florida is a rain zone. Even UCF has a indoor facility they have options of holding practice inside.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
That sucks that they have to practice in a place like that. I know its better than in the rain but for next season they need to work on getting a indoor practice facility. South Florida is a rain zone. Even UCF has a indoor facility they have options of holding practice inside.

Ya... our facilities are so nice... its sad that UCF has something the Dolphins dont :lol:

Nasty

SWS84 said:
As with the other concerns ya'll have brought up, I'm worried about the softness, and uneveness of the dirt. I would think that it's tough to run and cut on, and I sure hope nobody twists an ankle or something.

Steve

That is exactly what I was thinkin when I read about it. It just seems like they could get hurt so easily. My boy tore his ACL playin football at the beach because of the sand. It is just a scary thought thinkin of one of our players (Im not even gunna say a name to jinx em) to tear an ACL or something because of it... :nono:

Nasty

If there is bad weather on game day we can't move the game to a different location. so way move practice because of it?

godfater21 said:
If there is bad weather on game day we can't move the game to a different location. so way move practice because of it?

Because practice is the time when you are tryin to do alot of learning and teaching. once you learn the system you can apply it in any condition... but it is hard to learn in bad conditions. Plus... it has alot to do with lightning which you cant practice in... with which they do cancel or postpone the games...

Nasty

DolphinDevil28 said:
Something like that can't be paid for and built in a week.

We'll probably have it in a year or so. You know Wayne will do what's best for the team.

I read that construction on a bubble would take a very minimal amount of time. Not even close to a year. Maybe it wouldn't be ready in time for training camp, but it should be ready by the time the season starts if they decide to build it.

I don't see the big deal unless you're Howard Hughes. I imagine the massive coaching/training staff the team has is well prepared to handle the revisions to practice that this will require and any "ouchies" the players get from falling on the dirty ground. Jeez, you'd think some of you actually believe they go out there and sterilize the field before each game.

Jimmy James said:
I don't see the big deal unless you're Howard Hughes. I imagine the massive coaching/training staff the team has is well prepared to handle the revisions to practice that this will require and any "ouchies" the players get from falling on the dirty ground. Jeez, you'd think some of you actually believe they go out there and sterilize the field before each game.

There is a big difference between dirt getting into a cut and animal poop getting into a cut.

this is the 1st move i have disagreed w/ saban. animal poop is better than the dolphins. lol, the dolphins are better than animal poop. edit

hopefully it's all non contact. just a way of looking at plays

ricky williams said:
this is the 1st move i have disagreed w/ saban. animal poop is better than the dolphins. lol, the dolphins are better than animal poop. edit

hopefully it's all non contact. just a way of looking at plays

That would be my expectation. I don't think they're going to have a freaking scrimmage in a pile of manure. Don't let my voice of reason get in the way of your hysteria, germophobes.

godfater21 said:
There is a big difference between dirt getting into a cut and animal poop getting into a cut.

Dont people ride BULLS on this?? You dont think people in a rodeo get cut consistenly?? What are the stats on rodeo guys getting staph infections and other infections due to animal feces?

Back
Top Bottom