Team Needs and What should do for 07 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team Needs and What should do for 07

bgnck13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins
Offensive Tackle- Resign Macintosh
Offensive Guard- Draft Nathan bennett(Clemson 6-5 310lb) 4th Round
Cornerback- Darrell Revis(Pitt Very Fast) or Aaron Ross(Texas also fast)
3rd round
Saftey- Sign Free Agent Asante Samuels(New England)
Outside Linebacker- Paul Pozluzny(Penn State) 2nd Round (Move to MLB)
Middle Linebacker- Stay with Zach Thomas untill retires but sign
Adalius Thomas(Baltimore Ravens)(Move to OLB)
Defensive Tackle- Resign Vonnnie Holliday
Kicker-Josh Brown(Seattle Seahawks)
Quarterback-Keep Daunte and Joey but Brady Quinn(notre Dame) 1st Round

Mock Draft
1. Brady Quinn :: 6-4, 230 lbs | Notre Dame [-o<
2. Paul Posluszny :: 6-2, 230 lbs | Penn St. [-o<
3. Darrelle Revis :: 6-0, 200 lbs | Pittsburgh :idea:
4. Nathan Bennett :: 6-5, 310 lbs | Clemson 8)
5. Steve Smith :: 6-0, 195 lbs | USC :?:
7. Justin Vincent :: 5-10, 220 lbs | LSU :?:

Would be nice, but I think Posluszny goes in the late 1st round, watch and see! I am all for Quinn though, no Brainer!

If that happened, I would rejoice... but the likelihood of revis falling to the third, barring a serious injury, is zero. Revis is rated by many as the top corner in this draft. Ross might be around in the third, but that depends on his combine numbers. Paul Polsuszny should be gone by the late first or early second, but if he is around in the second... I would not mind one bit :) I would prefer Chris houston (cb from arkansas), but he might be gone in the first as well.
The rest is good depending on who slides... and Brady Quinn is definitely my top choice :)

As far as free agency goes... I'm thinking if we get one big name we'll be lucky. Samuels will want too much $$$ and I haven't heard anything on adalius thomas being a viable option either. Once again... I would rejoice if by some miracle this happened, but I would say it's more likely that God himself would descend from heaven and quarterback for us :(

Asante Samuel is a corner, not a safety. And you may well have picked the two most expensive players on the market between him and Adalius Thomas(Clements and Briggs being the other two), so that doesn't make much sense financially either. Also, Revis in the 3rd round isn't just unlikely, it's absurd.

Ross might be a 3rd rounder (he'll be 25 at the start of the season, and very few teams are going to take a 25 year old in round 1 or 2).

Revis is a 1st round pick, and could go top 10 with a good workout.

Adalius Thomas is getting the franchise tag (Baltimore already announced if they can't resign him, they'll tag him).

Poz is probably a first rounder, but I'm not totaly sure about that anymore.

I think Smith goes higher than roun 5.

Back
Top Bottom