Team of the Decade.....so far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team of the Decade.....so far

AirFishOne

3peat Big XII Champs!
Reaction score
Just curious

2000-Present Noterary Achivements

Miami - 34 Game winning streak 2 NC apperances, 1 NC, 2 Heisman finalists, good winning % agaisnt FSU and Florida, 3 conference titles.

Oklahoma - Best winning percantage since 00, 3 NC apperances, 1 NC, 1 Heisman Trophy winner, 3 Heisman finalists, 5 game winning streak agaisnt rival Texas, 3 conference titles

USC - 34 Game winning streak, 3 NC apperances (if u count AP Title) 2 NC wins (only 1 crystal ball to show) 3 Hiesman winners, 4 conference titles.

Other - LSU, tOSU, or anyone else u may add

Reasons Why they should be

Miami - Tied for longest winning streak of this decade, consistaly good, ranked in top 5 consitanly, always threatin the ACC, great talent.

Oklahoma - Best winning percantage, own Big 12 so far, own rivals, 3 Heisman finalists, 1 winner.

USC - Tied with Miami for longest winning streak of the decade, own Pac-to so far, 3 Heisman winners,

Other - consistant and always threatin for a National title

Reason Why not

Miami - have stumbled the past few years, yet to win an ACC title.

Oklahoma - lost 2 consecutive NC, had a down year in 05.

USC - in the first part of the decade USC wasnt never mentioned on ESPN :tongue:, only when Carson Palmer came to Heisman form did they start to grow

Other - Really only one good year to talk about (Not tryin to disrespect)

Im trying to be as Un-biased as possible and mistakes plz fel free to bash :tongue:

Right now I'd say:
1-USC
2-Miami
3-Chokelahoma
4-Texas
5-Ohio St

Ohio State has only outranked Texas once this decade.

No it goes this way.

1. Miami
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. Texas
5. LSU

Dude thats My pic S madison

U no it looks better when travis daniels does it.;):)

SMadison29 said:
Right now I'd say:
1-USC
2-Miami
3-Chokelahoma
4-Texas
5-Ohio St

not tryin to bash you or start anything, but I am aware of USC's recent (3 years) of sucess, i just wanna know why OU would be 3rd? I beleive we have been more consistant OVERALL ;) than USC, I mean when we won it all in 00 wernt they like a 2-3 win team?

tmac28 said:
No it goes this way.

1. Miami
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. Texas
5. LSU

silly Miami homer :tongue:

USC.....they have won 2 out of the last 3 NCAA titles...one of them shared...also USC's winning streak....they gotta be #1.

Roman529 said:
USC.....they have won 2 out of the last 3 NCAA titles...one of them shared...also USC's winning streak....they gotta be #1.

1 crystal ball and Miami also held a 34 game winning streak

Plz lets not get into a debate about wheater USC has 1 or 2 NCs PLZ :)

You had to know this was coming, starting a thread like this. SMad's list is right. OU is known for not being able to win the big one.

It's not close, how can the team w? the most Championships and most title game appearances not be considered the team of the decade so far? No team can touch USC as of now, they are still 4 years left and if UM were to win antoher and get into 2 more title games then it swings to them or the same thing for OU but as of now it's all USC.

Miami - Tied for longest winning streak of this decade, consistaly good, ranked in top 5 consitanly, always threatin the ACC, great talent.

UM hasn't been in the top 5 either of the last 2 years and in2 years in the ACC they havent won an ACC title and didn't even make the ACC Title Game this year.

tmac28 said:
No it goes this way.

1. Miami
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. Texas
5. LSU

Right! No Ohio State?? and what exactly has OK done this decade other than get destroyed by USC

nyjunc said:
UM hasn't been in the top 5 either of the last 2 years and in2 years in the ACC they havent won an ACC title and didn't even make the ACC Title Game this year.

werent they ranked #3 this year at some point? I didnt mean final rankings I mean during the course of the season

SMadison29 said:
Right now I'd say:
1-USC
2-Miami
3-Chokelahoma
4-Texas
5-Ohio St

Agreed. For 5, I would have a tie between OSU and LSU.

AirFishOne said:
win more games than Miami, USC, Ohio St, or LSU and a NC

When you play in conferences that are less challenging, like the Big12, you should get more wins than the top teams playing in the ACC, SEC, or Big10 where its much harder to run the table.

Back
Top Bottom