Tear It Down...Again | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tear It Down...Again

Okay, so Ogbah, Baker, Crossen, Wilson and Sanders gets you close to even. We are at 37 players now. That takes us to 33. Minus Chubb and Phillips who will not play most of the season. We now have 31 players for opening day. We need to move enough money to sign 22 players just for the 53 man roster. Now, not only do we need just bodies, but we need to improve upon the team we currently have now to be able to go further in the playoffs. It's not so much as to how to replace Wilkins, Van Ginkle, Elliot, Hunt, Williams, Wynn, etc..., but how to upgrade them. And then, we still have a QB and a head coach/offensive play caller that can't beat good teams, can't win after November and wilt under pressure.

Oh, and cutting those guys still doesn't get you under the cap. You still gotta shed about 10 mil more. Now that can be X with a June 1st designation, but that's one more player to upgrade.
Why do people keep saying Chubb and Phillips won't be ready for next season? Soccer players from back from ACL's in 6-9 months and that movement requires much more stop/start/cutting than a pass rusher will be doing. Cam Wake in his 30's tore his achilles at the end of October and was back for camp. Why won't a younger Phillips be ready for the season?

It depends on how aggressive they are with the restructures and how long they want to push the out on the contract to for Hill, Ramsey and Chubb. The 3 of them are due to count as $85M against the cap, they could really lower that number if they wanted. Add in Tua and you have 4 players counting for $108M against the cap, that's why I think we will see Tua get an extension this off season.

They won't get the X money savings until June 1st, so he doesn't help with the initial free agency. That's why they NEED to restructure those 3 or 4 big numbers.

I've been a fan since I first saw them on the.v in 84.
We wasted Marino's great years with terrible D and no running game.
In the 2000s saw a great running game with our D peppered with some great players but not great q.b play.
Todays team has a limited q.b who struggled to play in big games.
We as fans deserve better than just getting into the playoffs via the wildcard rounds
Hey L, annnd yet they won11-12 games a year, and everyone had Sb hopes every year, and they went to the SB with no running game, and once SF put a dime package in, and found out how to deal with the "Bend, Fold, Spindle and Mutilate" defense of C Studley, basically run right through them, well that was it. Yet they won 11-12 games a year. Then they hired "Bend, Fold, Spindle and Mutilate Deux" Olivehead, but they still won 10 - 12 games a year, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd rinse and repeat. Wow Deja Vu All over again, yes but they won 11 games.

The Never Underachieving VIPER

So many talk about Miami's great running game, and how McDaniel goes away from it too much. However, I read something posted by a forum member in another thread and it made a lot of sense. They said that the majority of Miami's success in running the ball has been scheme-based, which to me means that it only works when the defense reacts the way you want them to. IOW, Miami doesn't have the toughness for a power running game so that they can run the ball down an opponent's throat even when they know you're going to run.

This is just another reason why I hate McDaniel's finesse style of offense. Speed and finesse are nice, but if they're taken away, a good team ought to be able to still pound the ball. Unfortunately, Miami doesn't have a strong, physical team.
Hi G, there is no power running in Mikey's O, nothing between the tackles, all outside. Once a D figures that out the running game goes away.

The Ever Way Down Yonder In The Land Of Cotton VIPER

You guys need to go research the trajectory of new, young head coaches that are experiencing success.
Would want mcvay, lefluer, shannahan...? They don't all start with back to back playoff births with a massive turnaround.

This isn't a movie. McDaniel isn't ready...clearly, but when was the last time our team was so relevant during the season with multiple teams copying our scheme? Shula?

We didn't get where we wanted in 2years so ignore the massive leap forward and blow it all up again. We have been basically irrelevant and ultra boring for two decades....grow up.

Maybe we should go back to the "go" "go go" days. We were electric! 🤓

Imo the tear down will come after next year. I don’t think some of you are taking account at how good the best NFL D coordinators are and it seems to me they’ve cracked the code on Tua and McDs offense

Imo the tear down will come after next year. I don’t think some of you are taking account at how good the best NFL D coordinators are and it seems to me they’ve cracked the code on Tua and McDs offense
New member so I can't start a thread so I'll just pile on here...

IF a Disappointment Bowl were held with Cowboys playing Dolphins next week with the winner earning the right to swap out any combination of head coach, quarterback and top wide receiver, who here would choose McCarthy, Dak and CeeDee ahead of our guys?

Curious to see your replies! I might keep the coach but opt for Prescott and Lamb (I know, heresy!).

Yes, I agree. That's when it WILL happen. We will restructure and sign aging vets in an attempt to make it back to the playoffs again. This will fail and then they will do the tear down. I'm saying we get ahead of the game and do it this year. Get value for our good players while we can.

FIRE MCMORON
HIRE BILL BELLICHEK
TRADE TUA
TRADE FOR JUSTIN FIELDS

IF TUA IS THE QB NEXT YEAR FOR THIS TEAM I WILL ROOT FOR THE JAGS OR ANOTHER TEAM
How about the Bucs? You know how many playoff wins they have in last 23 years? A lot more than zero.

Back
Top Bottom