Tebow already dividing the locker room | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tebow already dividing the locker room

Actually I think Joe Namath is the most overrated player in the history of the game but he was obviously much better than Steve grogan. Namath's career was derailed by injuries but he did win a SB, right? and he did set records and he was great until his career was cut short due to injuries.

I don't spin, I post facts.

Grogan had better numbers, look again. Yes, Namath's team won a Super Bowl while Grogan's team never did.

Grogan had better numbers, look again. Yes, Namath's team won a Super Bowl while Grogan's team never did.

in 16 seasons grogan was
-top 10 in pass TDs 3 times(led once)
-top 10 in pass yds twice
-top 10 in rating once
-never made PB or AP

Namath in 13 seasons:
-top 10 in pass yds 8 times(led 3 times)
-top 10 in pass TDs 8 times(led once)
-top 10 in rating 5 times
-made 5 PBs and one 1st team all pro team

yeah, Grogan had better #s.

in 16 seasons grogan was
-top 10 in rating once
-never made PB or AP

Namath in 13 seasons:

If only Grogan was lucky enough to have a top 5 Defense he could have won a couple of playoff games like Taco Boy. I suppose by your logic Archie Manning sucked also, after all he never won a playoff game either. You are the classic Jets homer, but don’t worry because people that really watch and understand the game know what a player is for their on skills outside of the team they play for. Only homers like you believe Taco boy is something special for riding a top 5 defense to the AFC Championship in back to back years. That defense is gone now, and you will soon be wishing for real QB.

If only Grogan was lucky enough to have a top 5 Defense he could have won a couple of playoff games like Taco Boy. I suppose by your logic Archie Manning sucked also, after all he never won a playoff game either. You are the classic Jets homer, but don’t worry because people that really watch and understand the game know what a player is for their on skills outside of the team they play for. Only homers like you believe Taco boy is something special for riding a top 5 defense to the AFC Championship in back to back years. That defense is gone now, and you will soon be wishing for real QB.

Grogan had top 5 Ds in '77, '79 & '88

now what is the excuse?

in 16 seasons grogan was
-top 10 in rating once
-never made PB or AP

Namath in 13 seasons:

Take a look at career totals.....

Games started:
JN-130
SG-135

Record:
JN-(62-63-4)
SG-(75-60)

Comp/Att:
JN-1,886/3,762 (50.1%)
SG-1,879-/3,593 (52.3%)

Yards:
JN-27,663
SG-26,886

TD/INT:
JN-173/220
SG-182/208

Rating:
JN-65.5
SG-69.6

Are you purposely being dense? Who gives a FF about ranking in the top 10 season-to-season?

Grogan in 5 more games started (9 more total games) had 13 more wins, 7 less completions in 169 less attempts, 1,777 less yards, 9 more TD's, 12 less INT's and a better QB rating by 4.1 points. How does that add up to Namath having better #'s to you?

Try and spin that. Oh, I forgot, you only post facts. Try and argue against these facts. Something tells me you'll bring up the SB III win. You are getting quite transparent...........

Take a look at career totals.....

Games started:
JN-130
SG-135

Record:
JN-(62-63-4)
SG-(75-60)

Comp/Att:
JN-1,886/3,762 (50.1%)
SG-1,879-/3,593 (52.3%)

Yards:
JN-27,663
SG-26,886

TD/INT:
JN-173/220
SG-182/208

Rating:
JN-65.5
SG-69.6

Are you purposely being dense? Who gives a FF about ranking in the top 10 season-to-season?

Grogan in 5 more games started (9 more total games) had 13 more wins, 7 less completions in 169 less attempts, 1,777 less yards, 9 more TD's, 12 less INT's and a better QB rating by 4.1 points. How does that add up to Namath having better #'s to you?

Try and spin that. Oh, I forgot, you only post facts. Try and argue against these facts. Something tells me you'll bring up the SB III win. You are getting quite transparent...........

They played in different eras, you don't compare straight #s, you compare how they did against their peers and Namath was much better. It's not even close.

Back
Top Bottom