"Tebow The Terrible" - Multiple Jest Players Slam Woody's Folly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Tebow The Terrible" - Multiple Jest Players Slam Woody's Folly

how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.

Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.

how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.

In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

The Nationals and Giants paid homage to their 1924 clubs -- Washington was the Senators at the time, but also referred to as the Nationals -- by wearing retro jerseys, while the ballpark staff wore replica uniforms.The club also had special offers on concessions, organ music throughout the game and video tributes to the 1924 club.
Johnson said it's a good opportunity to look back on the players he grew up admiring.

Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.

Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.

Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.

In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.

I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.

Hated the red carpet, celebrity owner, stadium club nonsense. I don't think it had any effect on the team but it was cheesy as hell. I mean who goes to a nightclub during a football game and who the hell wants to stay in that area after one. One of the worst ideas was when we added the male cheerleaders to the squad. God, what were they thinking

Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.

All non-football related topics that don't affect the actual team. You don't care about the non-football stuff regarding the Jets, I feel the same towards the Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.

I agree with you. All of the hoopla you see while attending a game can be very overbearing. I shouldn't have to see a video that tells me to make noise. It should be something we as fans know to do on our own. I've seen this in plenty of stadiums.

Like you were saying, who the **** cares was Mark Ecko has to say about anything? Maybe if we were in Macy's or something....

I don't dislike Tebow but it's amazing how much better our O looked when we stopped w/ the dopey wildcat plays yesterday.

Is there any way they can have him on the field with Sanchez but without wildcat plays?

That was my hope, I thought they could use him as a weapon w/ Sanchez at QB. They have brought him in while Sanchez is at QBs but he's always been a decoy more than anything.

That was my hope, I thought they could use him as a weapon w/ Sanchez at QB. They have brought him in while Sanchez is at QBs but he's always been a decoy more than anything.

It doesn't make any sense to me why he'd only be a decoy. Then again since Sparano is the OC, I never saw him as an offensive-guru.

Back
Top Bottom