Ted Ginn better Toughen Up!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn better Toughen Up!!!

It's disingenuous to say that Ted Ginn isn't good because he isn't at the level of Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. They were chosen much higher than he was.

You want to compare him to Top 10 picks but only the ones who turned out to be the best in the entire league. You said that he has been subpar for a WR chosen with the #9 pick and I showed you that he has actually been above par compared to picks in the last decade.
Much higher? 6 picks? come on now. I hope your joking with that. Ginn will never be a number 1 here. If he doesnt step it up, he will end up somewhere else, and be a slot receiver, but that team will see he's not tough enough to play the slot, and his career will have hit a wall. Terry Robiskie(former WR's coach for miami) said it himself.

i am soooooo ****ing sick of how many times i see these ginn hating threads start. seriously can some people find something else to talk about its getting a little old? your not that original starting these threads, have you not noticed the other 1 million threads about this issue? please stop wasting everyone's time this is getting sooooo ridiculous!
Nobody is putting a gun to your head to read it.

Much higher? 6 picks? come on now. I hope your joking with that. Ginn will never be a number 1 here. If he doesnt step it up, he will end up somewhere else, and be a slot receiver, but that team will see he's not tough enough to play the slot, and his career will have hit a wall. Terry Robiskie(former WR's coach for miami) said it himself.
it was actually 7 picks higher (maybe you should learn math)and that is a lot higher when you're getting selected in the top 10 and maybe if you knew what you were talking about you would realize that it takes more than 2 frickin years for a receiver to develop and ginn is just about on pace with many wide receivers who have turned out to be great.

This thread reading was quite entertaining.
Personally, I think Ginn did shows signs of 'getting' it last year. He doesn't have the running game or the qb to stretch the field.
But this thread started out about 'toughness'. Well I will go back to a post by someone who said why not pick apart others on the team for their lackluster performance or play. I say look no further than Crowder.
Crowder makes all his tackles 3-5 yards downfield, and got rewarded, unfortunately with a new contract.
Fact is this MIA team has holes. Some are more glaring than others. But Ginn isn't a hole or minus on paper for the team. This is his 3rd year. He has had no consistency in systems until this year. And he isn't playing in a pass happy offense with a qb who can work the WHOLE field.
If Ginn had gone to IND, PITT, NE or any team with a solid qb and a good passing offense he would have some better numbers. I mean how hard could it be to get open with Moss on one side and Welker on the other?

it was actually 7 picks higher (maybe you should learn math)and that is a lot higher when you're getting selected in the top 10 and maybe if you knew what you were talking about you would realize that it takes more than 2 frickin years for a receiver to develop and ginn is just about on pace with many wide receivers who have turned out to be great.
Who is he on pace with that turned out to be great? Jerry Rice, are you another one of those guys?

This thread reading was quite entertaining.
Personally, I think Ginn did shows signs of 'getting' it last year. He doesn't have the running game or the qb to stretch the field.
But this thread started out about 'toughness'. Well I will go back to a post by someone who said why not pick apart others on the team for their lackluster performance or play. I say look no further than Crowder.
Crowder makes all his tackles 3-5 yards downfield, and got rewarded, unfortunately with a new contract.
Fact is this MIA team has holes. Some are more glaring than others. But Ginn isn't a hole or minus on paper for the team. This is his 3rd year. He has had no consistency in systems until this year. And he isn't playing in a pass happy offense with a qb who can work the WHOLE field.
If Ginn had gone to IND, PITT, NE or any team with a solid qb and a good passing offense he would have some better numbers. I mean how hard could it be to get open with Moss on one side and Welker on the other?
We have a solid QB, problem is you think the only way of Ginn getting the ball is by throwing it 50 yards down field. I say let Ginn run underneath routes, let him get YAC yards, make Ginn make plays, thats what we brought him in here to do, or is he to pretty for that?

Who is he on pace with that turned out to be great? Jerry Rice, are you another one of those guys?
Just to name a few....

Steve Smith
2003 Carolina Panthers 16 11 88 1,110 12.6 67T 7 11 42 3.8 14 0 5 0 2002 Carolina Panthers 15 13 54 872 16.1 69 3 1 -4 -4.0 -4 0 5 2 2001 Carolina Panthers 15 1 10 154 15.4 33 0 4 43 10.8 39 0 8 3
Reggie Wayne
2003 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 68 838 12.3 57T 7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 2002 Indianapolis Colts 16 7 49 716 14.6 49 4 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1 2001 Indianapolis Colts 13 9 27 345 12.8 43 0
Terrell Owens
1998 San Francisco 49ers 16 10 67 1,097 16.4 79T 14 4 53 13.3 21T 1 1 1 1997 San Francisco 49ers 16 15 60 936 15.6 56T 8 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0 1996 San Francisco 49ers 16 10 35 520 14.9 46T 4
Laveranue Coles
2002 New York Jets 16 16 89 1,264 14.2 43 5 6 39 6.5 21 0 1 0 2001 New York Jets 16 16 59 868 14.7 40T 7 10 108 10.8 20 0 1 0 2000 New York Jets 13 3 22 370 16.8 63 1
Santana Moss
2003 New York Jets 16 12 74 1,105 14.9 65T 10 10 67 6.7 25 0 4 2 2002 New York Jets 15 3 30 433 14.4 47 4 7 48 6.9 14 0 2 0 2001 New York Jets 5 0 2 40 20.0 33 0

We have a solid QB, problem is you think the only way of Ginn getting the ball is by throwing it 50 yards down field. I say let Ginn run underneath routes, let him get YAC yards, make Ginn make plays, thats what we brought him in here to do, or is he to pretty for that?

32 of Ginn's catches came within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. You make statements like that without any evidence to back it up.

Run underneath routes? You mean the same underneath stuff that got us man handled against Balt.? I for one think a elite qb can and should be able to make ALL the throws necessary on the field to maximize their offenses chance of scoring. Shoot, not even elite, but average. The problem is, is people like you think Penny is average or elite. I don't.
When you can't open up the offense and run on first down or second down, then have to pass dink and dunk for third down, eventually a top tier defense is gonna shut you down. Again watch both Balt. games and the last NE game.
Whenever Penny was asked to throw, 30-40 times in a game. How many of those did MIA win? 1?
Fact is again, there are many gaps, holes on this roster. And to say Ginn is the biggest one or the main problem misses the point. Right now MIA is using stop gap players to build for tomorrow. And one of those stop gaps happens to be Penny. I am not one to say Henne is the answer. I will say, the FO does.
When MIA can run the ball consistently on 1st and 2nd down, and is able to throw down field w/o our receivers having to come back for the ball. Then you can tear apart a WR game.
I don't see Moss coming back for under thrown balls, nor did I see the young rook from BALT, make alot of overthrown or underthrown mistakes. I seen 2 top tier teams take away the running game early, and sit on the short crossing stuff. And I seen average players like Leonhard, have a career day off the arm of Penny.

I guess you didnt see Calvin Johnsons crazy year last year, Dwayne Bowe has been better then him in both years, and Steve Breaston had a way better year then Ginn, not to mention similiar styles rookies Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal had better years. Do your homework.

Dwyane Bowe had a tony G next to him. Steve Breaston had Larry fitzgerald and anquan boldin to draw the coverage from him. Desean Jackson has a QB who can throw the ball more than 20 yds and his name is donovan mcnabb. Eddie royal had jay cutler throwing him the ball with marshall on the other side. Who did ginn have on the other side to scare defenses. nobody. He also had noodle arm throwing him the ball.

Run underneath routes? You mean the same underneath stuff that got us man handled against Balt.? I for one think a elite qb can and should be able to make ALL the throws necessary on the field to maximize their offenses chance of scoring. Shoot, not even elite, but average. The problem is, is people like you think Penny is average or elite. I don't.
When you can't open up the offense and run on first down or second down, then have to pass dink and dunk for third down, eventually a top tier defense is gonna shut you down. Again watch both Balt. games and the last NE game.
Whenever Penny was asked to throw, 30-40 times in a game. How many of those did MIA win? 1?
Fact is again, there are many gaps, holes on this roster. And to say Ginn is the biggest one or the main problem misses the point. Right now MIA is using stop gap players to build for tomorrow. And one of those stop gaps happens to be Penny. I am not one to say Henne is the answer. I will say, the FO does.
When MIA can run the ball consistently on 1st and 2nd down, and is able to throw down field w/o our receivers having to come back for the ball. Then you can tear apart a WR game.
I don't see Moss coming back for under thrown balls, nor did I see the young rook from BALT, make alot of overthrown or underthrown mistakes. I seen 2 top tier teams take away the running game early, and sit on the short crossing stuff. And I seen average players like Leonhard, have a career day off the arm of Penny.

Thank GOD for our "stop gap"QB

Using a paragraph every now and then would make your post readable.Just hit the enter key every so often!!

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginn made some nice plays.

- Dominating the Bills
- 4th down catch against Raiders
- Kick off return (called back unfortunately) and a nice TD catch against two Seahawks defenders
- Nice TD against Jets

He's only 23 years old! He just needs to find the endzone more

This is my exact point when you have to resort to plays that DON'T EVEN COUNT as proof of Ginns performance

Very sad indeed

maybe this year Ginn won't be allergic to the end zone

Post of the week right there.

And all the football people can see it.

Da Troof, like it or not. 100 percent on the button DolfanDuBbZ. Thanks for a breath of fresh, incisive football knowledge!

Ginn is a Pro-Bowl WR already in this league IF he has a QB able to pass to the vertical thirds of the field.

LD

Dwyane Bowe had a tony G next to him. Steve Breaston had Larry fitzgerald and anquan boldin to draw the coverage from him. Desean Jackson has a QB who can throw the ball more than 20 yds and his name is donovan mcnabb. Eddie royal had jay cutler throwing him the ball with marshall on the other side. Who did ginn have on the other side to scare defenses. nobody. He also had noodle arm throwing him the ball.
Chad Pennington had a better year then McNabb. All these recievers care have different attitudes then Ginn. None of these players lost their teammates respect like Ginn. The team knows more then us.

Back
Top Bottom