Tell me what you think... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me what you think...

Originally posted by Agua

Immobility, fumbling, inability to make things happen on the fly ...

:lol: couldn't have said it better if I tried...this experiment failed. They BOTH have to go. Not just Brian, not just Jay. BOTH.

Well dan was imobile, brady is imobile so that is not necessary. He fumles too much true but most of those were situations where he bas blindsided by Kearse or Freeney. He needs to hold the ball closer to the chest but thats easier to fix than the release of everyones new fav guy Rivers. He get injured no less than Jay. Get this.....unlike Jay he can throw the ball. A QB????????????? that can throw accurately??????? NOOOOO!!! Well Jay can run around back there, do a jig, try and fly like dumbo it does not matter if has cant hit the broad side of a broad.:lol: BG is not Marino but he IS better than Jay. But if I tried to create that list I would not be done until the 06 season.

How can you say Griese can't be worse than JF? Under identical conditions Griese was way worse than JF. If Brunell comes cheap enough (second day pick, low salary) and he doesn't get a bug up his butt about having rookie comp. then he'll do. Otherwise, Volek, rookies or even JF are preferrable to Griese. And by the way JF returning is by far the least desirable of those options for me.

Originally posted by Brad528
The problem with BG is the amount of money he would want to play. If we kept him this year his pay was way more then he is worth.

He said he wants to stay and he knows to do so would require a pay cut.

Originally posted by rafael
How can you say Griese can't be worse than JF? Under identical conditions Griese was way worse than JF. If Brunell comes cheap enough (second day pick, low salary) and he doesn't get a bug up his butt about having rookie comp. then he'll do. Otherwise, Volek, rookies or even JF are preferrable to Griese. And by the way JF returning is by far the least desirable of those options for me.

Brunell isn't going to come cheep. Volek doesn't have enough xperience in my opinion, and Fiedler has had four years to prove himself. Greise only had 4 games. We are not going to get Brunell, so that "dream" should be over. Jay should be gone, we all know that, but Greise hasn't been given a chance. The guy wants to stay, so I'm sure he's willing to restructure with less pay to be a starter. Now you don't have to worry about a FA QB. You can spend money on Oline in FA and then draft rookie QB and Wideout if you feel the need.

It has nothing to do with how many games we gave 1 player vs. another. What matters is whether the QB showed any reason to think he ca be the guy. I simply haven't seen anything from Griese that would give more confidence than I have in JF, and I have very little confidence in JF. Griese can throw a nicer seam pass, that's it. In every other aspect of QBing JF performed better. Even JF showed some promise early on. He led the league in 4th qtr comebacks a couple of years ago. He was clutch. Since then JF didn't develop enough, so we move on to the next guy, but the next guy has to show something to earn that opportunity, Griese hasn't.

Even before BG got here I wasn't happy with that move..He just solidified my thoughts on him, the O has to be prefect in order for him to operation, that just ain't happening right now. No to him, as someone stated, under the same conditions, Jay out performed him period.

Back
Top Bottom