Ten Notes And Thoughts As The Dolphins Conclude Their Offseason Program On Thursday:

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Albert Romano, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

▪ Memo to Jarvis Landry: You really should resist any inclination to talk about Ryan Tannehill. We know you don’t think he’s as good as the quarterbacks you have now in Cleveland (Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield). We know you wish he — and the coaches — would have thrown you more deep balls.

But Landry’s mild belittling of Tannehill isn’t merely unnecessary, it’s unbecoming. Landry assuredly would flip if Tannehill made similar comments about him.

Landry’s latest remark, to NFL Network on Wednesday: “I have not heard from Tannehill. I’m not surprised. We didn’t really have a good relationship.”

▪ When Robert Quinn lined up against left tackle Laremy Tunsil and quickly beat him for a sack on the first play of full team drills on Tuesday, it was hardly the first time that happened in this offseason program. And when Cam Wake spun past right tackle Ja’Wuan James for another sack, that wasn’t anything new, either.

Meanwhile, Andre Branch and William Hayes often have made life miserable for Sam Young and the backup tackles.

We’ve been cautioned internally not to come down hard on the tackles for any of this because offensive linemen are at a distinct disadvantage in these unpadded practices and are unable to be as physical as they would during games.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article212808649.html

2. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Brother I posted the video from today in VIP. Like MJD said in it its time to move on. Our offensive line will be better playing against our defense.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Without pads on, beating OL isn't particularly impressive. It's like beating Dale Earnhart in a tricycle race … just not the same sort of race.

4. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I imagine it’s a lot harder to block a guy when you can’t get up under his pads. Slippery as hell.

5. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I don't know what Landry has to gain making those comments. Definitely makes him look bad.

Hopefully the pass rush will show up during the season. That needs to be a strength.

Vaark, fishfanmiami and Albert Romano like this.
  6. SCOTTY

SCOTTY A True Fan

The break up with Landry is sad. The animosity is taking away how much he was loved in Miami. I wish him all the best and I hope with time he will come to better terms with it.

7. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan Donator

I am concerned about the T play. Tunsil was among the worst in sacks allowed and being penalized. James wasn’t as bad in those 2 stats, but not great either. It was concerning our running game and blocking seemed better when he went on the IR. Both need to show rapid improvement to get to average play from our tackles.

JAKEIII likes this.
  8. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I also worry about the Tackles, on both sides of the ball!

JAKEIII likes this.
  9. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

It'd be a shame to have better o-line play from the guards/center only for the OT's to suck.

10. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

To me, "suck" is a little strong. I'd take 'average,' 'meh,' or a couple of others, but not "sucks." Same OTs as last year, however they're ranked, upgrade at OG, OC can be no worse. That's an overall upgrade with, IMO, upgrades at depth. If last year's OL can contribute to 6 wins, this year's with more weapons can top that.

11. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean you have two of the top 10 pure pass rushers in the game in an unpadded practice.

This could be an issue for our tackles but this is hardly the venue to know if it is.

FSU Truth, Ray R, Soca casual and 2 others like this.
  12. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Grip it and rip it Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Exactly. Now if it's happening frequently after they get padded up i might get worried regardless this is a great test for our tackles going against these DE's and can only make them better in the long run.

CedarPhin and Kdawg954 like this.
  13. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

Landry...what are you doing man?

Albert Romano likes this.
  14. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Dude, stick with the narrative. Someone looks good in OTAs, equals 'means nothing in shorts.' Someone looks BAD in OTAs, means 'the sky is falling.' ;)

15. LoneStarPhin

LoneStarPhin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Tannehill's silence must be killing Landry. Best revenge is a life well lived.

Hope RT continues to take high road and doesnt respond- even in private. Landry shiws you cant really trust him- not a good look for him or a basis to build new relationships with Browns.