Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

I don't see why more people don't point out more that stills has been voted in as a team captain for 2 years in a row. Yet Landry is considered a team leader. Need an explanation for that. Other than Landry plays with passion. Blah blah blah. Larry's leader skills are severely overrated just like his production for this team.

Landry has sure shown his true colours throughout this process. truly is a diva who is selfish and plays that way as well. Now that this has blown up the way it has he is most likely gone. One of those players who will destroy us every time we play him. I just hope it's not a division team though I could see Jets paying for him. Some team will

Back in the 90’s there was a fullback named Larry Centers who could catch between 90 and 100 balls a year and average about 8.5-9 yards per catch. As prolific a pass catching fullback as he was, he wasn’t commanding a salary fitting the most elite offensive weapon on the team. So basically, Landry is a modern day version of a pass catching fullback. And he wants to get paid like Jerry Rice.

Landry has sure shown his true colours throughout this process. truly is a diva who is selfish and plays that way as well. Now that this has blown up the way it has he is most likely gone. One of those players who will destroy us every time we play him. I just hope it's not a division team though I could see Jets paying for him. Some team will

Buffalo likes ex-Dolphins, both players and front office guys. Dennis Hickey is there now and he drafted Landry. He’d make life easier for whoever their starting QB is next year.

And THIS is why you cannot get emotionally attached. 100% wrong. Sorry. You don’t overpay on a slot receiver. And where is this list of players flourishing? Matthews maybe?

What was Wes Welker worth?

"Overpaying" for Kiko and Branch was somewhat necessary. Did we forget how bad our LB situation was? Misi, Jenkins, special teamers. Kiko and Branch had good production on their prove it years. If we didn't trust Branch with a deal, do we risk signing another Mario Williams?

With better drafts, players that aren't an asset to the team will get replaced. The key is better drafts.

I hated when the team had so many holes but the draft picks couldn't get on the field until 2 or 3 years later.

Yea he could play with our old tight end Clay that basically beats us single handily last year. As Hoops said last year was the year to resign him and so after paying him peanuts for his production this year they still want the home town discount. Lets see we let Clay go how many years ago and oops we are still without a legit tight end since then. Hey I agree with drafting a replacement but oop Carroo appears to be the wrong guy. 3 picks we used on the guy. Hum those picks could have been answers for the linebacker and oline issues. Same for the pick we used on Drake last year that 3rd round pick remember to replace Miller except all those nagging college injuries kept him on the bench allowing Jay Ajayi to emerge. Yea Gase and Tbum really evaluated Jay Ajayi and knew what he had there prior to the draft and picking up that washed up Foster from the Texans. I am filling real confident in the draft with Harris with a dozen tackles, McMillan and Forde on IR all year, Tankersley getting on the field then IR, Assatti on our poor Oline never getting the call off the bench. Yea you can bring up the DTs Taylor who showed some promise and yes Godaucx the star of last years class beat your chest and feel good about the phins if you like. Have fun.

this is why I say transition tag him. if he gets offered 11 or 12 we will match, if it is above he will be gone. I think it would be absolutely stupid to not at least do that. franchise tag is way too much. or take a chance of him just testing to market, and receive comp pick. which is not my favorite idea.

I get why ppl say screw it and let him go, but I think we need his fire.

and the fact I bought his jersey 2 years ago really pisses me off now

We won't be pursuing any of those guys, because the dumbasses who run our front office made the decision to let Landry walk in free agency instead of trading him at the deadline. Thus, in order for Mike Tannenbaum to save any face here, we must get a compensatory draft pick for Landry.

The Dolphins are so stupid it almost defies belief.
What was the offer at the dead line?

T-Bum gonna carroo on us to prove he knew what he was doing all along. I can’t believe this. Our FO are morons.

They can’t resign him now.. he’s to expensive. But why not resign him before the season. When they signed Kenny stills. Stop waiting until the player has all the leverage.

On the positive side if Landry leaves, we can be more diverse in formations. 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE can get predictable.

Back
Top Bottom