Terrance Wilkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Terrance Wilkins believe it or not for me will be the third receiver in this team. he posted 600 yards as a third receiver his first two years and spreaded the field. Everyone in here is not countin on him being a third receiver, but i believe he will be the underdog and get that job.. He has great speed, and can definitely help spread the field along with Boston and Chambers for ricky.. i believe him or tolver will be the third receiver.. but terrance wilkins has the skill to be a third receiver... Look at his career stats what he did with colts being the third receiver..

You could be right. At any rate we do have plenty of receivers. Listening to Wanny on the end of day two press conf., he sounded really high on both Minnis and Bellamy, too.

Can we win a SB said:
Terrance Wilkins believe it or not for me will be the third receiver in this team. he posted 600 yards as a third receiver his first two years and spreaded the field. Everyone in here is not countin on him being a third receiver, but i believe he will be the underdog and get that job.. He has great speed, and can definitely help spread the field along with Boston and Chambers for ricky.. i believe him or tolver will be the third receiver.. but terrance wilkins has the skill to be a third receiver... Look at his career stats what he did with colts being the third receiver..
I totally forgot about him....if you read the "Do us all a favor Thread I said I though Minnis or Tolver or Simmons could be the third, but Wilikens is a good choice.

Well I disagree as he flunked out of the Rams school of wr's and speed on turf, cuz he had trouble with their playbook...Now obviously our offense probably isnt quite as complicated as the Rams, but hes still gotta learn it.

pigskinguy said:
I like Wilkins but my money is still on Minnis to be third WR. Just a hunch.

I agree, If Minnis is healthy he could be the big surprise of the offseason, The guy can fly.

The thing with Wilkins being in Rams was the change of quarterback.. I mean if he starts over and works with feeley im pretty sure he will win it. i dont think sam is a good choice for third receiver.. i just see him as a Special teamer, nothing wrong with that.. but i definitely want to see tolver and minnis and sam and wilkins and thompson and newman for competition.. these are some hungry players trying to prove that htey belong playing in the nfl, and this is where it starts.. i know thompson proved it for one season but than flunked and im pretty sure he wants that season again.. so i see them all hungry for this spot..

3rd WR? Try lucky to even make the team. We need to find another KR/PR that does something besides return. What a waste of a roster spot.

pigskinguy said:
I like Wilkins but my money is still on Minnis to be third WR. Just a hunch.

i agree. i read something a month or so ago that he was spending time with CC in florida and had put 15-20 lbs of muscle on. he could be a nice compliment to chambers and boston. ;)

I always did like Taylor and keep on mind that he cauth 128 passes on his senior year alone. That's what you want from a 3rd WR, a guy that'll catch the ball and move the chains.

Ozzy rules!!

So to sum it up, after Boston and Chambers, we've got the following players fighting for three spots behind the top two:

1. Thompson - Could be rejuvinated with some good coaching by Sullivan. If he can be half of what we expected last year that could settle it.

2. Tovler - Second best odds for the three spot IMO. This guy could explode with Sullivan's tutelage (sp?).

3. Wilkins - Jury's out on whether he was the product of a good system in Indi. We'll see.

3. Minnis - Had a great rookie year, then what? Don't know much about him. Anyone?

4. Newsome - Is he still on the roster? As I recall this guy had some potential.

5. Mcknight - I know he was cut, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the roster for the minimum. A veteran presence at the number three could be the right fit.

6. Simmons - Little guy, but he does have speed and he played well before the injury.

7. Bellamy - Supposedly he looked great in practices last year.

At first glance, I think our best receiving corp would be:

Chambers
Boston
Thompson
McKnight
Tolver

But that's just me...

I agree, I see Thompson in the 3 spot hands down, after that it's a toss up between Minnis and Tolver IMO, but I don't expect to see wilkins there any time soon.

on a side not, wasn't Mcknight signed by the colts?

I don't know who read the transcripts on Miami Dolphins.com over the past 2 days, but when Rick and Dave talked about our WR situation Wilkens, Minnis, Tolover, Newson, and even the kid in Europe got mentioned, but not one word about Derrius Thompson. With those comments I would have to think Thompson needs some great mini camps and Minnis and Wilkens need to look bad for Derrious to stay on the team after June 1st.

Back
Top Bottom