Tes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tes

VaPhinatic

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yesterday, we went into the Pats game with only 2 TEs active (Gesicki and Smythe). I don't remember either making any plays of note. Of course, I only watched the first half!

We could really use a big, physical veteran TE in this offense especially with Parker being so unreliable. The rookies probably need a year to develop. I know we have Derby (when healthy) and O'Leary (on PS) and Gray (IR). Is Escobar still around?

We need a tight end add in trade but they aren’t gonna do it and no one will give us anything anyways.

U seriously lost your two best TEs on this team already, and neither one was a rookie.

Not saying Smythe and Gesicki won't eventually amount to something but them dudes ain't ready, and Gesicki is not even close . . . He was getting bodied in the run game yesterday.

Yeah both the tight ends we lost are better options than either one we play now. And that wasn’t saying much outside of grays versatility.

Although smythe needs more burn in pass pro.

Gesicki played 41 of 49 snaps gave us 5 damn yards and smythe played 2.

Come on man are you serious? Wtf

I actually thought one of the few improvements this week was the blocking from Gesicki. I can recall three or four above average blocks in pass pro and the running game. I would need to rewatch the game to see if he did a better job with his patterns and getting of the LOS. He was man handled during the Jets game, and I did not get the impression he was.

Gesicki played 41 of 49 snaps gave us 5 damn yards and smythe played 2.

Come on man are you serious? Wtf
Pathetic, but to be fair our whole offense was pretty pathetic.

I dont understand how gesicki hasn’t been more involved, can’t he not run a simple slant or seam route or something?

I think they need to flip mode with gesicki into trying to be our Jared Cook.

Cause trying to make him with that frame and his game a “well rounded tight end” isn’t working.

I can’t have a primary 11 based tight end that’s giving me 200 yards on 20 catches over 16 games. And most of that production given up as a result of the coverage played ie conceded in some respects if the qb makes the right read.

Flip this script. Yes he should be getting a red shirt and if he’s gonna play and he’s gonna be that poor in line then he needs to produce in the passing game. And we aren’t getting squat.

I think they need to flip mode with gesicki into trying to be our Jared Cook.

Cause trying to make him with that frame and his game a “well rounded tight end” isn’t working.

I can’t have a primary 11 based tight end that’s giving me 200 yards on 20 catches over 16 games. And most of that production given up as a result of the coverage played ie conceded in some respects if the qb makes the right read.

Flip this script. Yes he should be getting a red shirt and if he’s gonna play and he’s gonna be that poor in line then he needs to produce in the passing game. And we aren’t getting squat.
Who’s been a bigger disappointment to you?? Gesicki or McMillan??

I’m surprised as hell baker looks better than he has imo

Also, what do you think about Jesse davis’ run so far??

Who’s been a bigger disappointment to you?? Gesicki or McMillan??

I’m surprised as hell baker looks better than he has imo

Also, what do you think about Jesse davis’ run so far??

Of all of them I’ve been most impressed with baker. But even his stuff to date has been a lot about the space athlete. Still he’s more willing to mix it up and do dirty lb work than I expected.

Davis has underwhelmed. McMillan has no range at all. Gesicki should be getting a red shirt but he’s not and while the plan may be 2 years from now what do I have and to try and make him a non tell in 11 which I think is really what they are trying to work towards he’s not giving us anywhere near enough production in the pass game to offset.

It’s not his fault but it is what it is. A lot of wasted real time snaps. And zero production or return on them. And that frame I hate it for in line ask.

McMillans the most disappointing. The mikes barely out there it feels like.

I said in the offseason if you read Raekwon's and Baker's scouting reports, without watching them, I can't see how you wouldn't be more excited about Jerome. Raekwon projected as an average 2 down SAM, I didn't know why we were making more of him on here, hope I guess. Now I certainly don't know.

I wonder if next season we explore moving Raekwon to the strong side

I thought his instincts were supposed to be his strength but wow haven’t seen that yet

I wonder if next season we explore moving Raekwon to the strong side

I thought his instincts were supposed to be his strength but wow haven’t seen that yet
I think many ppl had way too high of expectations of what he was. Looking at it in hindsight,, it's hard to justify the pick.

On the other hand, he does only have 4 games at this level. I'm not against giving him some time.

Back
Top Bottom