Texans have even more issues | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans have even more issues

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Texans RB James Allen, retired today, saying it was time for his career to come to an end. He was supposed to be battling for the starting spot with Stacey Mack when he decided it was time.

So I suppose Miami's D will have even one lss person to think about on opening day then huh? Didn't their center get injured as well? Not to take them lightly or anything, but it seems as if Miami will have gotten a fifth preseason game, so to speak, to work out any kinks ( new longsnapper, possible new holder for Mare etc.) .

hmmmmm....do they have a left tackle we may be interested in?

Nope. They currently have their RT playing over there (Chester Pitts). This is the 2nd consecutive year the young guy is playing out of position.

Allen was a 1100-yard rusher for the Bears in 2000. But he really isn't a tough runner. Stacey Mack pretty much had that job to lose going in.

Yeah, I already looked at their roster...The only LT that looks even semi attractive would be the rookie Seth Wand and he's not ready to start either so he's pretty much useles to us right at this point.

What about Matt Stinchcomb on the raiders, they have depth across the whole O-Line, and could use the influx of youth a draft pick might bring. Just throwing this out there. I'd give our 4th and up plus a back up corner, saftey they may need.

Robbins just came off the PUP and the knee is still sore. He had surgery in April and failed his physical last month. If healthy, he'd be the starter.

If they cut him, I suspect he might file a grievance.

Damn nobody is out there,

I guess we just go w/ Wade smith and Greg Jerman and hope for the best w/ Dixon.

The Jets may have to cut some good LB's though.

If we have to go with Jerman at LT....we're in trouble.

I thought adam treu was the raiders starting center right now?

I have a bad feeling about the Texans game. I feel like we're going to go into the game thinking it's an easy win-- and turns out to be just the opposite. I think we need to go into that game like we are going into any other game in the season... there are no "gimme's" in this league.

We're gonna pound the hell out of the Texans. Same with the Jets.. it's the Giants that I'm worried about!

I donj't think JR, Sammy, or Zgonia (sp?) will let us think any team is going to be an easy win.

Originally posted by gunn34
I donj't think JR, Sammy, or Zgonia (sp?) will let us think any team is going to be an easy win.

True, because Mack may burn Seau.. Johnson may get 1 on 1 with Knight downfield.. & Ziggy Zag may have to run on SP!

Mack is not a scary runner at all. If his OL is ripping open holes for him he can grind out some yardage but the Texans OL should once again be rather bad.

James Allen wasn't a scary runner either but you know what he was a good utility guy, an all-around player that just does things that help you win. I remember in 2001 when Chicago had that really good season, he wasn't starting at RB, it was A-Train, but he was helping that team win games like when he caught that miracle hail mary pass in the endzone against the Browns. The Bears made like a 21 point comeback within the final 5 minutes or something ridiculous...like 14 points in the final minute of the game I think. It came down to an offside kick which the Bears recovered, then a miracle hail mary into the endzone which turned out to be a brilliant play by James Allen cuz he ran about 5 yards behind a burner at WR who went into the endzone and jumped up and knocked the ball backwards towards James Allen who was following, and Allen made a leaping diving catch and ended up gettin hurt bad even though he caught it. He's a football player...Bernie Parmalee style.

Don't worry about the Texans. If we were away, maybe. But we're gonna be at home and its the season opener. The odds of us losing are like 100/1

Back
Top Bottom