Texas Dolfans Unite | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Dolfans Unite

I want to know if there is a austin,texas miamidolphins fan club.

phintastic said:
$77 is cheap for the NFL and especially for stubhub.com, but I'm guessing that's the 600 level?

If all goes as planned, I am putting together a group for this game. The tickets would be together in a lower corner on the Dolphins side! I am estimating about 50 of us dolfans sitting together.

Because I would be getting the tickets from the Texans Group Ticket office, you also have to pay for their tailgate party. It's an all-inclusive type package. The tailgate is in their indoor training facility (walking distance to stadium) and includes a super nice buffet and drinks such as coca-cola products, wine, mimosas, and beer for 2 hours! Some of the Texans cheerleaders walk around too. Live music too. They also include a pass for some type of post-game party in the same place. Gameday program is also included. It's a pretty cool setup and it's the only real way to sit together and make some noise that will make a difference. The deal will also include an orange gameday t-shirt so the group stands out.

To make it even more of a dolfan event, the odds are good that Big Papa Pump will be in the group and a former Dolphin player!

There is a Dolfan Club in Texas that is planning on signing a good bit of people and I also have some interest already from some other dolfans. Right now, I'd say at least 25 spots are claimed.

Because of all the things included with this package, the cost is going to be around $175-180 per person. That's less than stubhub's $77 upper level ticket when you add in their typical 10% or so fee. Stubhub also has similar seating for $95 a ticket plus their fee, but that appears to be only in pairs and not a group. Plus, that doesn't include all the extras like the tailgate party, shirt, group sitting, Papa Pump, Dolphins alumnus, etc.

It's not like this game happens every season, so if you can afford it you might as well go the best way IMO. Imagine a group of 50 dolfans, with the same orange shirts on, yelling for their team in an opponents stadium in the lower level corner. 12th man - no doubt! Talk about TV camera potential!

PM if you are interested. Or, just post something here.

I bought them from Stubhub because of that $60 mandatory tailgate party that they make you pay for. I asked the lady at the Houston ticket office if they would waive the tailgate because we were Fin fans and not interested but she told me no. So I went with stubhub and now just have to find parking permits or something. Anyone have an idea where we can park or get passes?

The mandatory tailgate is only if you buy group tickets, which is what we did. It's worth it to sit together with a posse of dolfans. You get food, program, pin, and the 2 hour tailgate with some Texans cheerleaders. All those extras and sitting with a group was worth the $57 extra for a game that comes around once in a blue moon. Plus, we have mezzanine seats. Oh, we got parking passes too :-).

I might be going to this too. If I go, I'll get my ticket near the other fin fans near section 325. Arent' the tickets supposed to be on sale on ticketmaster? They don't have many texans games listed at all.

Back
Top Bottom